Joss Whedon just shot a "microbudget" film.

The cast looks good. I think this could be cool. Not sure about it being in Black and White though. I prefer color. I guess for a festival run black and white could be trendy.

I like Joss Whedon so I am interested in this. I like Shakespeare too.

It will be exciting to see what Joss can do on a micro budget. I am sure with the talent that he knows for cast and crew he should do just fine. I liked reading the article about this. This film was a vacation for him. He filmed it at his house and got lots of rest and was feed well while making the film.

Yeah, I saw that! The promo poser is fantastic (Fran Kranz from Dollhouse and the upcomign Cabin In The Woods). Can't wait to see, and see what the budget actually was. Dr. Horrible was around $200,000. Astounding cast on that. Can never have too much Amy Acker, and Nathan Fillion is ALWAYS fun to watch!

Me, I like black and white, in the right hands. Jim Jarmusch comes to mind!

"The film will now head for the festival circuit in an attempt to drum up distribution cash, and could well be Whedon's third movie to be released in 2012, alongside The Avengers and long-gestating horror comedy Cabin in the Woods."

Consider how much industry street cred Whedon has and then note that A) even he didn't have a distribution contract before or during production, B) Even he has to go peddle his wares at festivals.

Distribution, even to a few token theaters across the nation, is fantastically tough.
Theater owners and buyers are real c-blockers.

Consider how much industry street cred Whedon has and then note that A) even he didn't have a distribution contract before or during production, B) Even he has to go peddle his wares at festivals.

Distribution, even to a few token theaters across the nation, is fantastically tough.
Theater owners and buyers are real c-blockers.

:yes::(

Back