Titanic Greengrass style

Probably showing my age but when you mentioned Greengrass I thought you were talking about Claude Greengrass from the TV hearbeat series. Now if he had got his hands on the epic the whole ship would have been sold for scrap long before it sunk to the bottom of the sea. :)

I think Greengrass could have done well on Titanic. It might be in more of a United 93 tone, but who knows. Titanic is considered to be much more of a popcorn movie to audiences, and I don't think for example, we will ever see United 93 in 3D by comparison in tone.

Oh no you di- didn't.

The Bourne movies are one of my favorite action/espionage series. Identity was good, but Greengrass really made them fantastic.

The new Bourne coming out on the other hand...looks terrible.

Im not a fan of shaky cam because it is mostly used without rhyme or reason and way overused. But there is a place for it for it in film and there is a technique to using it well.

I do like Greengrass, btw.

Haven't seen any trailers or pics from the new Bourne movie but i like Renner so im looking forward to it. I heard theyre keeping the universe the same with a different agent this time around, leaving the chance for Damon and Greengrass to come back in the future. Not likely that will happen but i do like that strategy.

Oh my gosh. That's funny! I was (literally) laughing out loud from the beginning. Don't know if it's quite fair, but still...funny.

For whatever it's worth, I like the Bourne sequels. But, I also preferred how the first one was shot. I was disappointed to see that that style wasn't being continued for the sequels. In other words, I agree that Identity was the best one, and the sequels would probably have been better if Doug Liman had directed them too...for my taste anyway. Oh well.

I love that last caption. :lol:

Last edited:
Shaky cam is the same pest like CGI these days. Directors use these techniques without considering if it HELPS the film.

Look at some of the big 90's action movies. Does anybody here think that they would be better with this shaky crap? Speed? Die Hard? The Lethal Weapon Series?

EDIT: Well the only thing I hate more than shaky cam is this uninspired zooming in. I loved "Hurt Locker", but there were some zoom ins I really despised.

Back