It's coming...

I tried going to the link for the newspaper story but I couldn't get to it. I did a search for "pizza the movie" and I saw on the results where it came up but when I clicked the link I got a completly different story.

Can you re-post a direct link?

Steve, GLAD you liked it!

I'll be the first to admit to the technical problems. It's funny, I kept going back and forth on how loud the background noise should be in the scenes, it's there, but probably too quiet in some. Let me ask, do you have surround sound, and if not, did you switch the audio to stereo? There might be some difference there, but I'm not sure.

And you gotta check out the extra features :) most people find the 'making of' featurette hilarious.

And you're allowed to mention trademarked things as it falls in fair use, and you don't make any untrue statements (at least according to what I've read) Showing them though, is a whole other thing.

If you get a chance to vote and post a review on IMDB i'd appreciate it!

Last edited:
scooter said:
I tried going to the link for the newspaper story but I couldn't get to it. I did a search for "pizza the movie" and I saw on the results where it came up but when I clicked the link I got a completly different story.

Can you re-post a direct link?

I'll copy and paste:

Story from the*Wednesday, September 08, 2004* Edition of the Chronicle Telegram

Delivering a local comedy
‘Pizza: The Movie’ filmed mostly in Lorain County

Tony Lombardo
The Chronicle-Telegram
Pizza — it’s round, it’s cheesy and now it’s a movie.
Former Elyria resident Donald Gregory spent the last year cooking up “Pizza: The Movie,” a teen comedy/romance shot mostly in Lorain County.
Gregory, 26, filmed the story of a man filled with amore for his old high school crush. The best way to make some dough to attract her attention is, of course, working as a pizza delivery guy.
Women apparently dig pizza guys.
This is Gregory’s first film. It was shot all around his home with a $10,000 budget and a digital camera. For his crew he had an Ohio cast who worked for free.
Lorain County locales include some Lorain lakefront footage, filming in an Elyria home and a scene at World Gym (named Big D’s Gym in the movie).
Using the World Gym logo was not allowed, Gregory said. The scene in the gym shows the main character, Kevin Miller, dressing in drag to sneak his way into the all-female yoga class.
“Pizza: The Movie” is not comedy “snorefest,” Gregory said.
“I think we’ve all suffered through at least one …
hundreds of them, and
fortunately, this isn’t one of those snorefests,” he said. “There are quite a few genuine laughs in this film and a lot of amusing situations and encounters.”
Humor isn’t always slapping you in the face either, Gregory said. Look close during one of the scenes for a squirrel who falls off a fence.
It’s in the background of the film, yet it’s one of the most talked about scenes, Gregory said.
One Pizza: The Movie viewer, actually thought the squirrel was shot off the fence — a not uncommon theory, he said.
“We didn’t kill any squirrels,” Gregory firmly states.
It was just some special effects, he added.
Gregory, 26, now lives in Huron. He’s a graduate of the University of Toledo, where he majored in electrical engineering. Shortly after school, the screenwriting bug took a big chunk out of his brain, and he’s been working exclusively on film.
“It was a big learning experience. I know my future productions will have a better look,” he said.
“It did become a bigger and better movie than I imagined,” added.
The Web site for the movie, www.pizzathemovie.com, it states Gregory, “decided to try and break down a door to Hollywood by making his own film, rather than wasting years begging producers to read his scripts. (Spielberg still hasn’t called him back.)”
Gregory already has his next script written. This one is titled Who is the Pink Bunny? In this movie a guy is in trouble for money owed to a loan shark.
To make money, the poor main character decides to become a hit-man. Imagine the chaos that ensues when he is hired to kill himself for his outstanding debt.
Contact Tony Lombardo at 329-7134 or tlombardo@chronicletelegram.com.

Pizza: The Movie
Cost: $12, plus $2 for shipping
Available now: only at pizzathemovie.com
Running time: 98 minutes
Rating: PG-13

Thanks for posting the story.

I liked the synopsis of Who Is The Pink Bunny? Can't wait to hear you start work on that. Any news on that film yet?

Back