• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Fargo - How great is it?

Fargo is the first Coen brothers movie was offered to me its watch by guys in internet. I know folks in Hollywood were liking it really much. Some experts say "FARGO" movie's script is the best script ever written. I know Coens themselves like it, too. You know some books are written for explaining the script of Fargo and that it has depths more than other films.
Of course, I know Fargo's about cinematography, too. For instance, the snow is NOT real. OR color of eyes of people is not real.
Yes, I like that it is real and story seems truly happened..
It is fun and its joking is subtle. I've seen it many many times. To tell you, I like to watch it every new year, it gives me a good feeling in Spring time (our new year in Iran).
I've asked about Fargo before and most people said they like Pulp Fiction more. It is not my favorite, because of many reasons. Of course, I hate other movies of Tarantino, but this was watchable to me, better than them as a movie.
Now, it is one film I can understand its English easily.. But I want to understand its good points..

Thanks!

Last edited:
Why didn't it sell great?

I know it was an unknown movie to public until one Expert published a Book on Fargo movie and the secrets inside. I didn't read it, but I know it is a rich story.
It has references to Software, Religions, Cars, Politics, and etc. I can say it is very political movie, AND it is one that did little compromise. Because of the way of Reasoning it selected.
It has layers, you can understand bit by bit after over-watching AND it is one of rarest movies in world you can easily watch dozens of times and you still enjoy..
Anyways, it didn't sell well, unlike a movie like Pulp Fiction, while, I favor Fargo a lot.

Thanks!

On a budget of $7,000,000 it made $52,200,000. That means it sold well.

Yes, when you compare it to another movie it sold less, but that doesn't
mean it didn't sell well.

Last edited:
Pulp Fiction was marketed like grunge music, and it was made in the height of grunge as well. Movies were out, independent films were in, and Pulp Fiction was a showcase of all that is independent, with a real budget so "MTV-slick" unlike other films like Clerks and El Mariachi, so more mainstream and marketable, less arthouse and personal voice. One could argue what killed grunge also killed the real indie. Studios, Labels, money. But it was the 90s man. Good times!

Back