13 Reasons Why - Netflix Original

Not sure if any of you have seen it yet but it is an amazing series. The story is VERY intense and well done.That's not my main purpose though since this is a filmmaking forum:

The editing is outstanding. The use of very interesting transitions keeps a dynamic perfect pacing. The color grading to identify where in the story scenes take place is just a perfect use of subtle but well use of color. Along with the color grading the set dressing, makeup, and other things that keep viewer oriented to the timeline is awesome.

I completely expect the series to garner several technical awards. If you haven't watched give it a look.

For a while, I couldn't quite decide whether I liked it or hated it...

I think I've settled on a simple dislike of it...

The main character is very unlikeable to begin with and many of the receivers of the letters did hardly anything at all, making the series too patronizing for its own good. Not a fan.

The main character, Hannah bothered me the most. I think the actress was terribly miscast. I overall liked it a lot, but found myself having more sympathy for the supporting characters rather than for Hannah herself.

Back