• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Operation Phoenix - Short Film

So for ages my friend and I haven't made a film together, until he suddenly came up with an EPIC idea.

MI6 put us together to make films, so without any evidence of any filmmaking activity they try to shut us down...

Youtube Link

It was only a quickie, not much of a script other than some notes but I'm really happy how it turned out! Don't knock it until you see it.

Many thanks,

Joshua

I'm awaiting your thoughts. And yes I'm aware the acting isn't brilliant.

Last edited:
The acting was atrocious, but I suppose that's forgivable. It had good character interaction and good editing. The music was appropriate and fit the scenes well...up until the A-Team theme kicked in. This is where I lost it. I mean self-referential humor is something that I don't like in general but I feel that a short movie should be a self-contained universe and work with its own rules. In-jokes spoil all that.

The locations were decent and the lighting good, for the most part. How did you get the wider AR? Did you just crop it from 1.78:1? It felt just a little tight.

Thanks for your response. It's really interesting to get a complete stranger's point of view of the film. Our friends know us well and they can relate to the montage, as it was about us two making films etc. I understand how it came over as an inside joke.

Next time I'll think more on how my next film has be delivered more clearly.

How did you get the wider AR? Did you just crop it from 1.78:1?

No it was just an overlay.

Back