• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Biggo - A short film about not fitting in

Hey Everyone,

Here is a link to my latest short film called "Biggo". A link and synopsis are below. I hope you enjoy, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Biggo is a six year old boy who was born with a pair of unusually oversized hands. Either teased or simply ignored by everyone at his school because of his abnormality, Biggo struggles to find his place. The pain of his solitude is magnified by the fact that it’s Valentine’s Day.

http://vimeo.com/51821757

@ 5:52 "Biggo's" normal hands can be seen under his desk, on his seat.
@ 6:07 The draped sleeve effect is quite noticeable.
Waitta minit. The teacher calls him "Biggo", too? Harsh.
Isabelle, the new student, comes to class with a pre-made valentine "Be Mine"?

Otherwise, this looks very good.
You have good looking kids, too. :yes:

I'm surprised at the number of people you had involved with this.
Looks like a lotta work coordinating everything.

How did the festival submission/showing go?

Thanks for the feedback. There were a decent amount of problems with the hands, I corrected most of them with VFX, but I couldn't afford to fix everything, so I had to choose the most obvious ones.

There was a lot of coordinating that went into it, but for me that was the easy part since my "regular" job is as a production coordinator on features.

The festival submission process isn't going amazing, but I have only been submitting to the big ones first. When I get a few more rejections from those I will just start submitting to the smaller ones, hopefully it will get into some of those.

Thanks for the compliments on the kids, Bigoo and the big foot girl are my niece and nephew, they hadn't acted before but they turned out to be great on camera.

Thanks again

It was cute and done well. But did really have to be that long?

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate the kind words.

Could I have made it shorter? Sure. Would it have been a better movie if it were shorter? Maybe yes, maybe no. I went into it planning on having a lot of long shots, not a lot of quick cutting. I think it adds to the story.

It works for me, but everybody has their own preference as far as pacing goes.

Back