USC School of Cinematic Arts?

Hey indie talkers, long time no see! I come here to post today seeking information on USC's film school. Basically I've looked over all the freshmen application stuff (http://cinema.usc.edu/production/firstyearprocedures.cfm), and I have a few questions that I feel to nervous to call and ask their admissions office :blush:.

Basically, I don't have the best grades in school. I'm getting a 2.7 GPA, with still one more semester of Jr. year, and all of my senior year to go. I would really like to get into USC Cinema right out of high school, but I fear that my grades are inadequate, and may ruin my chances.

I feel like I'm rambling, so basically, does anyone know about the type of students they admit right out of high school? Will grades screw my chances? Any other information/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys! :)

Hey indie talkers, long time no see! I come here to post today seeking information on USC's film school. Basically I've looked over all the freshmen application stuff (http://cinema.usc.edu/production/firstyearprocedures.cfm), and I have a few questions that I feel to nervous to call and ask their admissions office :blush:.

Basically, I don't have the best grades in school. I'm getting a 2.7 GPA, with still one more semester of Jr. year, and all of my senior year to go. I would really like to get into USC Cinema right out of high school, but I fear that my grades are inadequate, and may ruin my chances.

I feel like I'm rambling, so basically, does anyone know about the type of students they admit right out of high school? Will grades screw my chances? Any other information/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys! :)

Call them and talk to them. 2.7 is pretty weak. But there's the SAT and if you've won some writing comps or film comps, you can overcome a 2.7 -- grades are just one part of who you are. The good news is you're just a junior, stop posting in Indietalk and do your fucking homework!!!!!

No, really, I don't mean to be harsh, but in all seriousness,
do your fucking homework!!!!

Hahaha! Thanks Brian. I do my homework trust me! I'm taking a few AP classes this year and they owned me hardcore first semester. I still have all next year to push that GPA up.

Thanks man :)

Edit: I am preparing well for the SAT haha. took the PSAT and taking an SAT prep course.

Last edited:
Back