• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer for my no budget feature film The Shadow Sea

I had intended to crowd fund this thing but when that didn't work I decided to make it anyway. So here it is, made with more than 50 volunteer cast and crew from a half dozen countries and shot guerrilla style on the streets of Bangkok over the course of 7 months in 2013. The fact that the film is as far along as it is is a testament to the determination of everyone involved and their belief in the project.

I'm almost finished with post and when I am I'll begin submitting it to festivals.
Hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/91N_Jte5sxM

You can visit the official fb page to learn more about the film: www.facebook.com/theshadowsea

Rich Chambers

Sounds like you overcame a lot of obstacles to get it made, congratulations. Just getting a film like this completed is a huge accomplishment.

Visually it has some very interesting moments, but also suffers from looking very "flat" a lot of the time on interiors. Probably a result of not being able to light the scenes well.

It certainly came across as interesting enough for me to want to know/see more.

Thanks for the feedback.
There was no budget for this film. no one got paid a dime and for most of the production all I had to work with was a second hand 60D, a borrowed tripod, a single H2N mic and a workshop light.
So if a few shots seem kind of flat to some folks I guess I can live with that, even if I don't necessarily agree that the film "suffers" as a result ;)

Thanks again.

Back