• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Hunted - 4 min action short

Hi everyone

It's been a while since I have posted, but I have been reading posts, in the shadows like some sort of Basic - Premiere Expired social parasite. I do hope to be more active in the future.

Our little film-making guild has put together a short action film called Hunted. Please have a look and if you get time, could you spare us some critical comments? The first thing that jumps out at you would be much appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TCeC1ef8U8&feature=g-u-u

I appreciate the Foley is not really up to scratch, even I spent a lot of time on post (about 35-40 hours). Also, laptop speakers are not very good for audio post. It's official :yes: I will address this in future shorts.

Thanks for watching / reading / posting thoughts!

Simon

um.. whys it only 360p max? i refuse to watch anything less than 720p, especially as my large screen makes your film look blotchy.. sort it out then il watch it :)

Haha thanks for trying, I do take your point. I think the editor had trouble exporting from Premiere in HD, I'll ask him whether he'll be able to sort it out and re-upload. If he does that, perhaps he can also sort out the small audio sync delay that's been bugging me as well :D

Question?

Don't you think the chase scene through the narrow walled in exteriors would have looked more interesting if your DP shot some footage from above for a bird's eye view? Maybe shot from over the side of the brick wall for side views as well?

Question?

Don't you think the chase scene through the narrow walled in exteriors would have looked more interesting if your DP shot some footage from above for a bird's eye view? Maybe shot from over the side of the brick wall for side views as well?

That's a damn good question! Sadly the answer is a rather lame, "Because I didn't think of it." Such a great idea though, it would have looked fantastic! I guess spotting opportunities for interesting shots is something that comes with experience :)

Thanks for watching and offering a nice suggestion.

Back