• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Constant - short film

Visuals and audio question

• Visuals should show more of what the voice over is talking about?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Visuals and audio seem to work well together

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other??

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd post a video I'd made to get some feedback on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ473vmAIbk

I've had comments that the bulk of the story should have visuals matching more to what the voice over is describing (eg. if you mute the audio, the visuals wouldn't tell the story that well), do you think this would help or not?

Thanks heaps, :)
Brad

I would have done the voice over on one shot, like hime thinking over a glass of water, or something like that. Then run the scene and reveal at the very end. In the mean time people are thinking "who the hell is he chasing and why". Just a thought.

Unfortunately, the who film seemed predictable. The narration only made it more so. If he simply opened the door expecting someone else, then it would have been more inviting to the audience to wonder. "It is the visitor. He comes frequently ..." my first thought was, "Oh it's himself. Second I would have dressed him in clothes that did not resemble the protagonist. However you could subliminally pass it to the audience by having the main character looking at a picture of him and his family where he's wearing something similar to the visitor. If I wanted to emphasize 'drugs' and 'alcohol', I'd have the chase go past scenes where those activities are going on. Again these are visual anchors. I would cut down on the actual narration to emphasize key points--appearance causes trouble, destroyed friendships and family ties.

The camera shots were good. I did worry about the actor's feet scraping barefoot along the rocks, tracks, and sand like that.

In the case of your message, I think less narration gives more power to it.

Back