Film Crew Wanted...

Hello,
My name is Edna L. Myles. I'm a published author from Brooklyn, NY, and I am currently seeking professional/experienced individuals to assist me with my independent film project 'LATE AUTUMN'.
'LATE AUTUMN' is an urban drama that I wrote myself. I've had a few casting auditions for the project, and I have a number of very talented actors whom are eagerly looking forward to being a part of the project. I don't have any financial backing on the project, so I am basically working with NO budget. ALL of the actors are aware of this situation, and they are all very happy to do the film just for experience alone. What I need is a film crew with the same enthusiasmn and faith in the project. I don't have much to offer, so the film crew would basically be doing the project for experience, food, and filming credits. Below I have provided the synopsis for any SERIOUS individuals who might be interested in taking this on. Only SERIOUS individuals PLEASE!!!!!!!

"LATE AUTUMN"

MAIN CHARACTERS: SISTERS: SYMIRA ANDERSON, AUTUMN ANDERSON.

OTHER CHARACTERS: CHRIS, GRANDMA LETTY, ROSLYN ANDERSON, TENNESSEE, RAYAH, JUSTIN, MERCEDES, SYMONE, BLACK, HORHAY ANDERSON, PROFESSOR BLAKE, JAZ, KIMEAL, KENYA, BUCKY, JUNIOR, AUNT EVELYN, DELGATO, AQUINO, OFFICER DELUCA, J-DUB, JERIMIAH, SMITTY,

SETTING: SOMEWHERE IN BROOKLYN, WITH OCCASIONAL SCENES IN MANHATTAN, AND THE BRONX.

THE SCENARIO: TWO SISTERS GROWING UP IN THE HOOD. ONE HAS HER HEAD TO THE SKIES, AND THE OTHER HAS HER HEAD IN THE CLOUDS. THEY WERE RAISED BY THEIR GRANDMOTHER AFTER THEIR MOTHER DIED OF OVARIAN CANCER SEVERAL YEARS EARLIER.

CHARACTERS DESCRIPTIONS: SYMIRA 21, IS THE ELDEST OF THE TWO SISTERS, BUT AGE DOESN’T ALWAYS GUARANTEE WISDOM. EVER SINCE HER MOTHER DIED SHE’S BEEN GOING BUCK WILD. SHE DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL, AND INTO A LIFE OF CHAOS. HER BOYFRIEND TENNESSEE, IS A HUSTLER/GIGOLO/ DRUG LORD/ KILLER. HE IS NOTORIOUS IN ALL FIVE BOROUGHS, AND FEARED ACROSS STATE LINES. HIS ONE KNOWN RIVAL IS JAZ, WHO HAPPENS TO BE JUST AS RUTHLESS AS TENNESSEE IS. JAZ IS VERY TERRITORIAL, AND WHEN TENNESSEE TAKES THINGS TOO FAR, JAZ IS ALWAYS READY TO SET SHIT STRAIGHT. HIS MAIN FOCUS IS TO TAKE EVERYTHING THAT BELONGS TO TENNESSEE, INCLUDING SYMIRA, WHOM IS ONE OF TENNESSEE’S MOST PRIZED POSSESSIONS, AND EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT! HOWEVER, THAT DOESN’T STOP HIM FROM CHEATING ON HER WHENEVER THE MOOD TAKES HIM. THE ONE FEMALE THAT WILL NEVER TURN HIM DOWN IS MERCEDES, SHE’S TENNESSEE’S NUMBER ONE SUPPLIER. SHE GIVES HIM P.O.D (Pu$$y On Demand) AND HE DOES GET HEAD WITH THAT. ALTHOUGH SHE DOESN’T COME CLOSE TO SYMIRA BEAUTY WISE, SHE STILL GIVES HER SOME SERIOUS COMPETITION. AUTUMN 19, IS YOUNGER IN AGE, BUT SHE’S WISE BEYOND HER YEARS. AUTUMN ANDERSON IS A DREAMER. SHE WANTS OUT OF HER SITUATION, AND SHE’S DOING THINGS HER WAY. SHE ESCAPES THE WORLD THROUGH HER POETRY, AND WRITING. SHE ATTENDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE, WHICH IS WHERE HER WRITING SKILLS BEGIN TO GET NOTICED. HER AFRICAN AMERICAN STUDIES PROFESSOR IS THE FIRST TO REALIZE THE YOUNG WRITER’S GIFT. PROFESSOR BLAKE, TALKS AUTUMN INTO TRYING OUT FOR AN INTERNSHIP AT THE NEW YORK POST. WHEN THINGS BEGIN TO BURDEN HER, SHE CONFIDES IN THE ONE PERSON THAT SHE CAN TALK TO ABOUT ANYTHING…CHRIS, IS AN ARTIST AS WELL AS A VISIONARY. HE HAS BEEN FRIENDS WITH THE SISTERS THEIR ENTIRE LIVES. HE’S HAD A JONES FOR SYMIRA SINCE CHILDHOOD, BUT SHE HAS NO INTEREST IN CHRIS (WHO’S IMAGE IS MUCH TOO TAMED FOR THE SULTRY SYMIRA ANDERSON), AND BEFORE LONG HE DEVELOPS A NEW LOVE INTEREST IN AUTUMN. SOON, WHAT STARTED AS A FRIENDSHIP, GROWS AND BECOMES SO MUCH MORE. THOUGH AUTUMN’S FRIENDS RAYAH AND KIMEAL GIVE HER A HARD TIME AT FIRST, THEY EVENTUALLY SEE HOW GOOD CHRIS AND AUTUMN ARE TOGETHER. THE THREE FEMALES HAVE ALSO BEEN FRIENDS SINCE CHILHOOD, AND THEY WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. UNLIKE KENYA, WHO WILL WILLINGLY TRADE HER LIFELONG FRIENDSHIP WITH SYMIRA FOR A HIGH. SYMIRA WILL SOON LEARN HOW MUCH TIME CHANGES PEOPLE. AND IF THAT ISN’T BAD ENOUGH, AFTER SEVERAL YEARS OF BATTLING WITH BREAST CANCER, GRANDMA LETTY, IS LOSING THE STRUGGLE. GRANDMA LETTY IS THE MOTHER OF SYMIRA AND AUTUMNS DEAD MOTHER ROSLYN ANDERSON SHE’S BEEN RAISING HER GRANDDAUGHTERS THE BEST THAT SHE CAN, BUT WILL HER LOVE BE ENOUGH TO SAVE THEM FROM THE STREETS?

Last edited:
Hey Edna,
First of all, best of luck. But I should also add that you mispelled the title there, and the general post doesn't seem to be the kinds of things that attact the best professional/experienced people. First of all, the formatting should be more pleasing to the eye. It's also very personal, and pleading. I'd rather know details about the project: when are you shooting? what format? how long are you shooting? who is attached to the project? is there a website? what else have you done? what is "late autumn" about?
If it IS for experience only, you aren't going to get a lot of experienced people. What else can you offer?

Now, I'm no professional, but I like to pretend I am and look at postings for pure curiosity. This one wouldn't excite the professional in me. My passion would be all over it, but if you just go by your passion, an RSP is the impossible dream. You're asking a lot, so I'd give as much as you've got.

I can forgive a typographical error, but in order to seriously consider anything, I must know where and when. Also, although I have some experience with a range of video cameras, I've never shot with a film camera, so I guess I'd have to know what kind of equipment was going to be used, and who is providing it.

If the time and location were right, I might even be available. I doubt I could be so lucky, though.

Hey Edna,
First of all, best of luck. But I should also add that you mispelled the title there, and the general post doesn't seem to be the kinds of things that attact the best professional/experienced people. First of all, the formatting should be more pleasing to the eye. It's also very personal, and pleading. I'd rather know details about the project: when are you shooting? what format? how long are you shooting? who is attached to the project? is there a website? what else have you done? what is "late autumn" about?
If it IS for experience only, you aren't going to get a lot of experienced people. What else can you offer?

Now, I'm no professional, but I like to pretend I am and look at postings for pure curiosity. This one wouldn't excite the professional in me. My passion would be all over it, but if you just go by your passion, an RSP is the impossible dream. You're asking a lot, so I'd give as much as you've got.

Thank you for your opinion, but I'm not really here for opinions. As I stated in my post "I will provide the synopsis of the project to serious PROFESSIONALS that are interested in knowing more." Also; you could've contacted me privately to add CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, or (as I'm sure you will say you were trying to do)give me advice. I appreciate the post, but it could've been submitted more tastefully than it was.

Thank you!:)
Don't worry about the criticism, the members mean well. I guess Spatula was bored of critiquing films and started critiquing classified ads, lol. Your ad is fine, I got the gist of it. Good luck.

As I stated in my post "I will provide the synopsis of the project to serious PROFESSIONALS that are interested in knowing more." Also; you could've contacted me privately to add CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, or (as I'm sure you will say you were trying to do)give me advice. I appreciate the post, but it could've been submitted more tastefully than it was.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way. Didn't mean to stir up any trouble. I was considering contacting you privately, but there's so many ads out there that look sketchy, I thought it would be better to post it here. I mentioned I am NOT a professional, so take my opinions for what you will, but I certainly meant no harm. Just trying to help.

But taste isn't something I generally concern myself with, except when it comes to delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. But I relent; sorry. Good luck with your movie-film!

Back