Hello! Looking for young adventure filmmakers

Hi all

My first post, so hello!

This is a really random post (hopefully in the right place) so here goes :)

I'm passionate about the outdoors, mountains and climbing in particular (but also things like hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, skydiving, paragliding etc).

I'm also a huge fan of adventure films and over time I've realised that I'd love to be involved with a filmmaking project (or ten), and intend to enroll in a course and spend some time learning the art of filmmaking (probably just as a hobbyist though, no professional aspirations).

However, at the moment I'm extremely busy with a number of work projects and don't expect to have time to take classes and study.

Which brings me to this forum - are there any budding, amateur filmmakers out there who are looking for a couple of fun little projects to build out their portfolio?

I have some footage from recent climbing trips, to places like Spain, Thailand, the Dolomites in Italy, Norway in winter etc and I would love to donate or collaborate with someone to turn these into a short film or two.

I go climbing regularly, so my friends and I can easily do a lot more shooting - or have someone tag along to get more footage (and presumably better quality stuff than what we've got so far) and work with someone to produce a couple of nice short films.

This is just a fun project but if we produce something good I'm sure it'll look great on a portfolio and if nothing else we'll have spent a few weekends doing things we enjoy doing anyway.

I hope to hear from someone here, and also I'd be grateful for any advice about other forums or mailing lists that you think may be appropriate for what I'm looking for...

Cheers all!

Hi all

My first post, so hello!

This is a really random post (hopefully in the right place) so here goes :)

I'm passionate about the outdoors, mountains and climbing in particular (but also things like hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, skydiving, paragliding etc).

I'm also a huge fan of adventure films and over time I've realised that I'd love to be involved with a filmmaking project (or ten), and intend to enroll in a course and spend some time learning the art of filmmaking (probably just as a hobbyist though, no professional aspirations).

However, at the moment I'm extremely busy with a number of work projects and don't expect to have time to take classes and study.

Which brings me to this forum - are there any budding, amateur filmmakers out there who are looking for a couple of fun little projects to build out their portfolio?

I have some footage from recent climbing trips, to places like Spain, Thailand, the Dolomites in Italy, Norway in winter etc and I would love to donate or collaborate with someone to turn these into a short film or two.

I go climbing regularly, so my friends and I can easily do a lot more shooting - or have someone tag along to get more footage (and presumably better quality stuff than what we've got so far) and work with someone to produce a couple of nice short films.

This is just a fun project but if we produce something good I'm sure it'll look great on a portfolio and if nothing else we'll have spent a few weekends doing things we enjoy doing anyway.

I hope to hear from someone here, and also I'd be grateful for any advice about other forums or mailing lists that you think may be appropriate for what I'm looking for...

Cheers all!

That sounds like a really cool project...I'd love to see some of the footage.

Back