• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Is this idea good enough for science fiction?

At the moment, I got so many projects that I couldn’t count them. One of them belongs to the science fiction genre. (Because of spaceships, aliens and that other stuff.) Now in this universe the spaceships are boosted by crystals. My idea is that they’re more than just gas. I thought about that you can (in liquid form) make young again yourself. (Kinda that you always look like 20 years old.) Is this idea good enough? (If “Yes!”, I have planned that they’re looking for those stones and comes to the planet.)

Yes. Now write it. Do not ask for "tips" on how to "plan" it or start your "creative." THAT'S a tip.

pretty damn near impossible to come up with a totally original premise. but yeah sounds like a good premise. don't overload yourself with too many projects or youll never finish anything

No it's not good. This is the best idea for you: A young girl wants to become a screenwriter, but there is a deadly problem.. Where she lives, there is a curse, if you write any kind of screenplay, creepy monsters come at night and eat your heart while you are sleeping.

So she decided to become perfect first and then write the perfect screenplay.. her last screenplay... She never mention that curse to the forum she was posting all the time to gather all the information she needed, every one wap upset with her, but she knew...

Finally after a lot of information gathered, she took the decision and one night she wrote quickly her perfect screenplay. After hours, she finished and fall asleep on her desk.

Next morning her neighbours found her on her desk full of blood and a hole to her chest and her heart missing, but she has a slight smile on her face, no one knew why, until they discovered her screenplay, which becomes one of the best screenplays in the history of cinema.. Such things.

But even this, you have to write it... :lol:

@sfoster It’s not the premise. It’s the story itself, which brings success. I mean, how many authors copied famous books like The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, or even The Selection by Kiera Cass. Or did you know that Disney’s Kiss the frog based on a children book?

YES it is the STORY! Not the premise. So.....................................................................

wait_what.png

Back