• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Flower of Prophecy (Surreal Dark Comedy Series)

Hello ladies and gentleman. I'm new to the group so bare with me. To say that I am an amateur filmmaker is an understatement. But with some passion, spare time, and some help from my friends I put together this eight minute episode, and hopefully you will find it entertaining.

It is a dark and surreal world in which a young man, played by me, searches for his grandpa.

On my YouTube page you will also find two comedic movie review shows that were significantly less ambitious than Flower of Prophecy.

Thanks in advance for watching, I hope you will enjoy.

http://youtu.be/okfoSanMYak

It is worth noting that 90 percent of the dialogue is improvised. Thanks to those of you who watched, very interested in hearing your opinions. Is it worth making a second episode?

I will assume, since I received no response, that the episode is absolutely flawless.

Good job, me!

I don't think it was really my speed, struggled to get through the 8 minutes

What can I say.. hmm.. some of the music seemed off. I wasn't' really feeling any suspense about the grandpa, I don't know what else was going on.

The text in the beginning was spelled wrong... and I didn't like the font... or the color of the font. The camera movement seemed somewhat unmotivated as well. Some overexposure. Looked visually cluttered at certain points. Music choices were strange. I didn't like a majority of the shot choices, either. Some of the editing felt a bit jumpy, and sometimes it dragged. Some more closeups would have been nice too. Although I think your film really lacks an attention grabbing presence, an interesting color scheme and unique look, as well as good music, Foley, sound effects, and sound design.

I will give you that the burp during the beginning was funny, it got a chuckle out of me (actually, him screaming Grandpa was funny... perhaps it's just my insomnia, but that was entertaining). Perhaps if you kept with the quick cutting and strange, fast paced dialogue, and progressively made the film more delirious and insane, it would have been more interesting. It could allow for some experimentation and discovery of different genres and such. I wish you would have gone all out with it, him screaming and bizarre jump cuts thrown around, loud and unstable audio, exaggerated angles, extreme lighting, fast forwarded scenes, etc.

But keep it up, this is good work for a beginning filmmaker. And you have a good attitude about filmmaking. You can accept criticism, and you give feedback and check out the work of others, always good qualities for a filmmaker to have. I look forward to your next.

Thank you for your input! Prophecy really is misspelled at the beginning, how embarrassing! Haha. Looking forward to shooting the next one now that I'm getting the swing of things.

Back