• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch We Aren't Who We Were - Short Film

Thoughts: I have a lot of as you may imagine!

I'm curious on your own thoughts. What do you feel went well, and what do you feel went less well?

Thoughts: I have a lot of as you may imagine!

I'm curious on your own thoughts. What do you feel went well, and what do you feel went less well?

Well, I really like the story and characters. I thought they were pretty fun characters to watch and the story was really interesting. I just feel that the technical aspects were really poor. The audio is incredibly sub-par and the video quality is less than preferred, that was mainly due to my budget but the weather did not help us at all either. I feel I succeeded from a story point of view but didn't have the required skills and equipment to bring it to it's full potential, but that's not the worst result possible and I learnt a lot from the process.

The only problem I have is the audio and the hiss and at some parts, it's too loud. But the content was good. Especially the ending credits with the blood effect like it's flowing through water giving a smoke effect.

Yeah, I know. That scene was very rushed due to us filming in a public area, so I didn't have a lot of time to get the performance I needed. That is probably the scene I am least proud of, but I don't think it ruins the film.

I think due to the structure of thinking/Psychology, personality and how stressed or depressed you are, you can wake up at gun point and have the most bizarre remark. I've even had thoughts of putting that scenario in one of my scripts. A man wakes up and he observes that he is held at gun point and his response is, "I'll just go back to sleep."

There's a difference between a camera that is moving, and a camera that jitters all over the place

I will try to watch this when I get a min, and will not read any comments above. :)

So far my only issue is, it is 17 minutes which requires dedicated time, if it were 3-8 minutes I would have watched right away. Yes, I lack attention span and focus and find it hard to even watch movies these days. :P

I will try to watch this when I get a min, and will not read any comments above. :)

So far my only issue is, it is 17 minutes which requires dedicated time, if it were 3-8 minutes I would have watched right away. Yes, I lack attention span and focus and find it hard to even watch movies these days. :P

No worries, I understand that it is quite a long short film but I couldn't have it any longer without sacrificing essential story elements.

Back