Advertising idea for your film

hehe... too bad he's only going for the temporary tattoo.. He could fetch a much higher rate for a permenant one. I bet Microsoft, Pepsi, and a few others would go for something like that (depending on the person of course)..

Imagine how much a logo on someone highly visible (actor/musician/etc) would sell for. :)

Will Vincent said:
Imagine how much a logo on someone highly visible (actor/musician/etc) would sell for. :)
Similar to what boxers do, when they sell the space on their backs.

I admire his courage on that idea
I guess you could call it that. I would call it :crazy:

Please understand that I have an unusually low tolerance for adverts. I don't have cable. I wont listen to commercial radio. I also boo and hiss during the pre-show ads at the movies. :angry:

However I do understand the neccessity and inevitability of advertising, but this fella.... oh dear god... isn't this the eighth sign of the apocolypse??? :abduct:

That being said I sure could think of a thousand ways to spend that kind of money.

Too bad for those who might follow that this is essentially a one-shot chance for the guy, since it's undoubtedly the media coverage of the novelty which is pushing prices up. Two days to go as of this writing, and if the madison ave biggies take a liking to this story, this guy could be the new William Hung and have his 15 minutes worth of fame turn into hundreds of thousands. It will be fascinating to see how this unspools over the next 48 hours. If access Hollywood or e entertainment get onto this in the next day or so, watch the bid amounts skyrocket.

Fascinating.

If the media picks up on your offer and you have the charm, wit and overall screen presence to turn your fifteen minutes into a big cash flow, then maybe a quarter mil and 2 years in prison. If you do it and don't have those attributes, maybe a few hundred bucks and 10 years in prison, because you won't be able to afford Johnny Cochran to defend you.

:-p

This from the guy's website:

"If you are a member of the media and would like to interview me for a story, please direct all questions to averagejoe@humanadspace.com with "MEDIA" in the subject line. This will help me organize my very full inbox. You are welcome to call me if you have my number.

Is forehead space not your bowl of soup? At least take advantage of this website's traffic. WE ARE REGISTERING CLOSE TO 10 HITS PER SECOND ON AVERAGE! If you would like to advertise on HumanAdSpace.com, please contact me at averagejoe@humanadspace.com with "ADVERTISE" in the subject line. PLEASE NOTE: Current rate is $1400 for 7 days ($200 per day). Slots will be filled in the order they are received"

I dunno. Maybe its me, but it loses some of its charm when it reads this way. Kinda hard to pull the Average Joe perception when you're charging $1,400 a day for your forehead and directing the media on how to fill in the subject line of your e-mail. What next? An 800 number with a voice mail system: "All of our forehead representatives are busy at present. If you know the party's extension, you can dial it now. Press 1 for foreheads. 2 for buttocks. 3 for a full back and 4 for a full front. Front and back packages are available. If you order within the next 24 hours on any of the above we'll throw in two hands at no extra charge. That's right. If you order one of our forehead, buttocks, back or front packages, we'll throw in two hands at no extra charge. that's an extra $500.00 value! Have your credit card ready and call right now!"

%p

Last edited:
Will: I'll be out there for training on my new job. I'm sure my nights would be free. Training is the 19th - 20th and the 21st is a company party. I fly home Sat AM.

Dr. VFX: It's $1400 per week on his website for advertising. Do you all see what's going on here. This guy just started an internationally known business! HumanAdSpace.com

This is absolute pure f@#%@#ng genius. I just hope the site I launch this year will be as big! SantaIsCalling.com Not up yet but will be by the end of 2Q2005

Cootdog,

Maybe he's started an international business, but the question is whether he'll be successful. he started out right, and had all the equipment, young, kinda hip but unassuming-looking guy posts outrageous, somewhat self-depricating idea, which has a slightly subersive socio-economic message built into the overall sardonic approach, and people will look at that and advertisers know it. The problem may be that for me, at least, he mis-played it with all the corporate primma donna attitude on the website directing advertisers to go here and media relations to go there and all that.... "it will help me to organize my e-mail", etc. Now he seems like another business player.

Back