view trailer for September, a new drama based on 9/11

Welcome to the boards! :hi:

I was looking forward to seeing the trailer, but when I downloaded it and tried to bring it into quicktime it brought up a white screen. It said that I needed some plugin, but Quicktime didn't supply it. So what did you encode this in? I can't wait to see the trailer. Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

Same thing here. There was audio, but no video.

Was this encoded in the latest Apple codec, that has not been made available to PC-version of QT?

sorry guys!

wow guys thanks for trying to view the trailer! i'm really sorry you couldn't get it, because no one else has had a prob with it. i would make sure you have qt 7 installed. it looks like it was a h.264 codec, which should be able to be seen on a pc. i'll try encoding it in avi format and putting that up as well, but first i'd make sure you have the latest in quicktime. hope it works thanks, and sorry about the problems!

make sure you have qt 7 installed

QT7 for Windows has not been released yet.

The public preview is available, but it's really buggy and in test-mode. (FAQ here).

You're going to need to pick a video codec from 6.5.2 or earlier, if you want PC users to be able to see it as a .mov

ok so sorry but now i have posted a quicktime link that is definetly viewable to pc users. unfortunately in order for it not to look like crap its 40 megs, using i believe the cinepak codec. if anyone has other suggestions when exporting from fc express let me know, otherwise enjoy, it's worth it.

It's a good idea, but for some reason, to me, it just seems flat. I get no emotion when watching it, and I get very emotional about September 11th usually. In certain shots, the guy who plays Giuliani kinda, sorta looked like him, but in most he didn't resemble the Mayor at all...this was a bit distracting for me.

I do like the fact that you never show anything that even resembles the actual attack, I hope this is the same in the film.

Poke

Last edited:
yes, the attack is in no way seen in the film. It is the impact it had on people, like those in the trailer, that is the subject. Did you enjoy the rest of the site? it's hard to get a reaction from this trailer, but i will work on a more emotional one. Giuliani, well what can i say, he's a great actor though. Thanks for the post! I will post some scenes from the film soon.

"It's a good idea, but for some reason, to me, it just seems flat. I get no emotion when watching it, and I get very emotional about September 11th usually."

I agree with Poke. But, looking forward to the updates.

Back