• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Help Please!

Since you say it will be made anyway, you'd probably raise more by completing it, and then raising it for festivals with a festival plan and by showing the completed film (and it's good). Raising for small things like a Vimeo Pro membership etc. unfortunately sounds like a padded budget, since it's money that could be had by mowing a lawn. ;) These small budgets often come across as people not wanting to hustle for a buck. Good luck, hope this helps.

Thank you for your comment however some people are just unemployed yet motivated still in making films. If I don't raise any money two films are going to be let down.

Why should people pay for your Vimeo Pro? I'd like Vimeo Pro too lol. I totally get crowdfunding AND have used it. But when I crowdfund I don't like to add frivolous stuff in there that can turn people off. Let me put it to you this way. "Raising money for Amazon Prime so all of my new equipment will ship faster." Include the stuff essential to your production, that you have no means of attaining, and show a good product or plan. Just advice. ;)

OK no one do anything I'm refunding everyone because I'm deciding that making a feature is too much of a task with too little funding so I've decided to make a short instead. Now in future I will take all of your comments into consideration when doing another crowdfunding campaign. So basically if anyone pledges to this campaign I will refund you immediately. Thanks! :)

Without Vimeo Pro though no one can see the film it's the only platform available to me to showcase the film on.

I'm sure you mean 'only on demand platform' available to you?

Having no job is terrible.
How come there are no jobs?
What kind of job are you looking for?

Anyway: I understand you need money.
So I understand you think you need Vimeo Pro.

But the question is: who will want to pay for your movies?
Have you built a fanbase?
If not, changes are Vimeo Pro will prevent people from getting to know your work and it will cost you money as well, instead of making it.
Like you said in another post: you set the price for yor feature the lowest possible, hoping it will pay for your Vimeo Pro account. That is hoping for a break-even situation making you 0 money.
With making 0 money in mind, you can reach more people with a free video. That can be the start of a fanbase who might want to pay for future work.

Make short stuff people can see and love :)

I'm deciding that making a feature is too much of a task with too little funding so I've decided to make a short instead.
I think this is a good choice. For someone with no job living
in an area where there are no jobs available It seems making
a feature is too much.

Walter has some great suggestions. Make several short film
and build your fan base. When you have hundreds of people
who love your work THEN ask them to donate to your future
projects.

It's never easy :P
We all have that same challence: creating that fanbase to expand our audience beyond the people we know.

IndieGoGo works best with built in fans, and Kickstarter works best when you have a really great business idea and the perk is the gadget or whatever.

If you are out of work and not able to get a job, and want to pursue filmmaking and need some funds, the best website would be gofundme, and you would target friends and family that understand your situation and want to help.

Just a tip, in case you want to try a third time lol. ;)

Thank you, and to let people know I just entered a contest to win up to €1500 for a short animated film and am shortlisted with three other people, there are three prizes altogether the lowest being €500 and the second place being €1000 so I have a 25% chance of winning one of them and if I do win something I will be using the money to buy sound equipment so no crowdfunding will not be needed for a while anyway.
How I could win is from 50% judging and 50% views I get, that means 50% of the points come from judging and the other 50% comes from the views I get so if everyone could take a minute out of your day and have a watch (or two) of the video I'd really appreciate it. Also comments and criticisms are absolutely welcomed.
https://vimeo.com/259255052

Back