U$ 3000,00 Budget

Hello,
I would like to know what camera and lenses should I buy with U$ 3000,00.
I was thinking about a 7D with the 18-135 lens kit, plus a 50mm 1.4, is that a good choice?

Thank you so much!

Renato.

If you're not interested in photography and just want to use it for film making, try considering getting a 550D body and three prime lenses to start you off. Like a 24, 50 1.4, 85 1.8.

The three lenses will cost you about 1200 dollars and the body about 700.

You can then use the rest of the money to buy more lenses or filters or a tripod etc etc.

a 7D is great. You can get a Body only for $1600ish, then a 28mm 1.8 for $400ish, a 50 1.4 for $350ish and an 85 1.8 for about 400. Then you can spend the extra $250 on a monitor/mount/battery or some extra camera batteries and a case, etc... Or a tripod if you don't have one? The kit lens is ok (I have it), but not stellar.

If you already have the peripherals and are ok with a fixed lens, buy the body and some L series glass. Superb image quality.

You can also opt for a 60d and loose one of the lenses, then spend the extra towards some audio equipment if you don't already have it. A variable ND filter is a must have accessory as well.

Edit:

Sorry Ernest, didn't mean to repeat everything you said, I think we replied at the same time haha.

Did you put aside about $1k for sound? Or are you going to spend every last penny on the camera, then ask how to get great sound for 99ยข

Sound is half of the experience.

The type of film is rather important. I do documentary and international commercial work (non-fiction tv, non-profit marketing, etc.). My setup is different within non-fiction, and certainly different from my friends doing fiction work.

Back