• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Rolling Horizontal Video Band Issue

Hey, everyone!

The title says it all. Below is some wedding footage of a reception. The lights were giving off a frequency that caused my footage to have that "flicker/rolling band" affect. I was aware of this camera doing it at the time, I didn't really have enough time to dial the shutter speed in to fix it even more.

Was wondering if anyone knew any way to fix this footage? I've literally tried every plugin out there and none seem to make the footage ANY better.

I've tried copying and layering clip, offsetting it by one frame, that didn't work either. I have been trying things for about an hour and have found nothing that works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnz4C5Lk7Sk

Footage is fine. It will cut with other angles right? With documentary you expect a more live feel, like a quick rack focus, or grainy, etc. This is not narrative film. You are good to go.

I finally see it. If I look art the far wall when the camera is still I see it. I really had to look, I think you are fine!!!!!!!!!!

Ask us to look, we will see. Don't tell us, we will miss. And your general audience is not pros.

Back