• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Something New, Something Different. (Plese Give Feedback)

Hey Friends,

This week we decided to do something a little different. Instead of filming a standard 2-5 minute sketch, we filmed a good number of "blackout" or incredibly short sketches, which we'll be releasing slowly. Here's our first one. I personally feel like these are some of our most inventive videos to date. I'd love to hear what you think though, do these short little pieces have the impact we were hoping for?

https://youtu.be/F_ketUnECW4

Thanks,
Cam

This is what made Vines popular. This plays like a long Vine to me, but I like the pacing. Vines forced people to be creative in 7 seconds, no one could break that rule so they all had the same feel, if you are going to move forward, you may want to set your own restrictions so the series is very cohesive. And yes, it works! I like the breathing room and build up... awesome, keep at it!

This one made me laugh, and super short stuff RARELY makes me laugh. (Usually not enough time to build the context that comedy requires)

Though I have a SEO tip for you: your tags are all over the place. I know they're all related in reality, but Google's algorithms will recognize irrelevant tags like Bill Hader, Monty Python, Broad City, etc. as completely random and will hurt your standing in the search rankings.

Plus the people actually searching for those wouldn't bat an eye at your video anyway, since it's not what they're searching for. That's if they ever find it to begin with, considering videos with more relevant tags will be shown to them first.

On the flipside, very descriptive tags benefit you. If you search on youtube for "very short sketch" YOUR video comes up third. That's pretty good for a tag you'd think would be over-saturated. It doesn't seem to be searched an awful lot by users, but it still shows the benefits of descriptive phrases being used as tags.

Last edited:
I think an establishing shot would have helped. I felt I didn't know what I was looking at or who the people were until the 2nd time I watched it.

Back