• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

"Minutes" Frame Grabs

chilipie

Pro Member
indiePRO
Just wrapped on this short film this evening… two days, two locations and two different looks. Was great to DoP again and get to tell other people what to do for a change :)

Had a very low budget for this and a fairly inexperienced cast and crew, save for the 1st AD and my gaffer, but everyone pushed really hard and they were all great to work with - even the first-time director!

With any luck we'll get this cut together over Christmas… hope you like the screen grabs! (And please excuse my 30 second grade in Photoshop.)

minutes-office-cu.jpg

minutes-office-ms.jpg

minutes-office-ws.jpg

minutes-pub-ext.jpg

Last edited:
In the second pic, are those lights over the bar yours? What are they?

They were halogen floodlights that the pub had installed up there, I think so that bands had enough light for setting up on the stage at the back of the room. The four of them seemed to vary in brightness; I'd guess they were around 150W-250W each, but the practically fixed upward angle of them and the CTB gel meant they didn't put much light onto the scene.

In the third, did you CTB the windows? And what are those black things hanging from the ceiling lights?

:)

They're not CTBed, but it does look like it! I think it's a combination of the coolish evening light, slightly bluey grey concrete outside the window and the white balance of the camera being set to the cool white fluorescent ceiling lights (4000°K or so). The bits hanging from the ceiling are pieces of black wrap (thick black aluminium foil for flagging light).

ps: Who has two thumbs and got four 26" China lanterns for Christmas? This gal!

Ace! :)

Back