Producers Representative Sold my Film

We paid the retainer fee for the Producers Rep. As I was getting nowhere on my own, it was time to have a professional shop the film. Our investor was upset and suggested that I work with a Producers Representative.

The Rep had offers on the film in four months. I was picking and choosing offers.
Now the film is on Netflicks, VOD and streaming sites and a potential TV sale they are working on.
It was well worth the money to pay the retainer fee for the Producers Representative to sell our first film.

The Investor is now in a better mood and happy :):)

Last edited:
We paid the retainer fee for the Producers Rep. As I was getting nowhere on my own, it was time to have a professional shop the film. Our investor was upset and suggested that I work with a Producers Representative.

The Rep had offers on the film in four months. I was picking and choosing offers.
Now the film is on Netflicks, VOD and streaming sites and a potential TV sale they are working on.
It was well worth the money to pay the retainer fee for the Producers Representative to sell our first film.

The Investor is now in a better mood and happy :):)

You don't need traditional distribution to get on Netflicks, VOD and streaming sites. If that's all you wind up getting then you just gave this producer's rep a percentage of profits. But if the investor is happy who cares. Sometimes the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Back