• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Zone! New indie streaming service!

We're an upcoming video streaming service similar to Netflix but dedicated to indie movies and upcoming directors. We believe that there are so many special movies which are yet to be heard of or watched and we would love to spread them movies for everyone to watch.

We have the website designed and ready to go but we're looking for movies and directors to feature and show on the site. We're going to start with limited movies and then we're going to expand and expand!

We're looking for all genres and would love to start with a great range of brilliant movies. These can be shorts or features.

If you're an upcoming director and you're interested in having your movie on the site, please get hold of us.

a5bfd945-9f18-4d66-9306-19b35a15f32c.jpg

Last edited:
Why is it a secret? If you are looking for content before you launch that is great but maybe you can run in Beta mode (slap a beta image on your logo) so it is understood that the traffic is low, but you garner more interest by having a live site. Just an idea! I think people want to see the site, the distribution agreement, etc. If it's all good you will get submissions.

I found your kickstarter. With three days to go you haven't
gotten even one person to donate. I wonder if that's because
you make it very difficult to find out anything about your project.

I really like the idea. But I'm not going to jump through hoops
to get a little information from you; even how to get hold you.

Yours is an unusual promotional plan.

I found your kickstarter. With three days to go you haven't
gotten even one person to donate. I wonder if that's because
you make it very difficult to find out anything about your project.

I really like the idea. But I'm not going to jump through hoops
to get a little information from you; even how to get hold you.

Yours is an unusual promotional plan.

At the moment, we have a plan and an idea for the project - To make the idea come to like, we need content to put on the site. Without content we don't have a site. So at the moment, that is what we're trying to do.

We started the Kickstarter page but then didn't really follow up on it as we didn't need the funding, but as you probably know - You can't delete the page. Originally - It was going to be a horror streaming site, but we have decided to spread it across all genres now.

Once we have content - We will have the live working website to actually advertise and promote. The hardest part is getting content approved for your website.

Why is it a secret? If you are looking for content before you launch that is great but maybe you can run in Beta mode (slap a beta image on your logo) so it is understood that the traffic is low, but you garner more interest by having a live site. Just an idea! I think people want to see the site, the distribution agreement, etc. If it's all good you will get submissions.

The problem we have at the moment, is content for the site - Movies, shows etc! Without that, we don't have enough to start a beta site! Once we get enough content to start a beta version of the site. We will! I can give anyone full information about the site and the agreement we would have based around sharing the content etc.

Zone the problem is you are asking people to contact you. When you have a new product or service you want to be knocking on doors an in people's faces. People don't have the time to do all the work when they don't even know what it is.

He asked how to get the info and instead of you PMing him with it, you asked him to PM you. You'll never get anywhere like that! You could have sent the info.

This is a catch 22. You have no content, so you have no site. You have no site, so you have no content. ;). Suggestion: Launch the site as "Accepting Submissions" only with your video demo and terms for filmmakers. Don't offer any streaming until you hit a milestone. At that milestone offer a soft launch until you reach the next milestone where you officially launch, and then do your mass-advertising, etc. Hope this helps.

The problem we have at the moment, is content for the site - Movies, shows etc! Without that, we don't have enough to start a beta site!
So it seems to me that making it easy to contact you would be
step one. But then I'm not good at marketing - I'm a filmmaker,
so maybe I'm missing an important element here.

Even a placeholder page with contact info and mission statement would be better than nothing.

Zone the problem is you are asking people to contact you. When you have a new product or service you want to be knocking on doors an in people's faces. People don't have the time to do all the work when they don't even know what it is.

He asked how to get the info and instead of you PMing him with it, you asked him to PM you. You'll never get anywhere like that! You could have sent the info.

This is a catch 22. You have no content, so you have no site. You have no site, so you have no content. ;). Suggestion: Launch the site as "Accepting Submissions" only with your video demo and terms for filmmakers. Don't offer any streaming until you hit a milestone. At that milestone offer a soft launch until you reach the next milestone where you officially launch, and then do your mass-advertising, etc. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for this message, it's actually the perfect step to get started with. We're hopefully going to have a beta up next week with all the information needed for filmmakers - Then, we will be accepting submissions and hopefully we get a good response. If all goes well, we will then launch a limited version of the site for everyone and see how it goes.

I am sorry for the basic and blunt post. This is not how we want to be looked at.

Back