• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Next Morning

Slow. It took a minute to really get into it. You could cut the whole first minute out, and nothing would be different. Actually, you could have cut out two minutes of the beginning and all the extra lingering. There's also not much camera movement. That made it even slower.

The acting was... cheesy. Why didn't he run out of the house and call the police when he heard someone (or something) in his closet? Also, the yelling seemed a bit over the top and he was overacting. And why didn't he continue to investigate the closet since he stayed? It seems like he just lost interest in something banging on his closet door and ice cream popping out of nowhere. Then once the ice cream continues to appear... he what? He doesn't question the fact ice cream is popping out of nowhere. It's like the opening scene in the movie The Stuff, where a guy is walking around and finds white goo on the ground, then eats it. Why?

That zoom was really jerky. Practice with your lens, stabilize in post, or get smoother glass. Or use a jar opener. That could help.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...=X&ei=GopLUvbOMqWEyAG2s4CADw&ved=0CL8BEPMCMAk

Really slow. Unbearably slow. It dragged on, and there was no real excitement. It abruptly ended without a climax, resolution, or any character change. Also, this short could have been 2 minutes. It would have been much more watchable and interesting. Too much filler. WAAAYYY too much filler.

Best of luck with your future projects.

i didn't think the acting was cheesy.. nor do i think he should have ran out and called the police. it's supposed to feel ethereal, it's a whimsical kind of story of a "child" (although he is more of a man..) or at least that was my interpretation. i do agree that it could be condensed quite a bit just for the sake of having a more saturated, coherent product that will keep the audience engaged- but i think the concept is solid, cute and sort of a unique take on the textbook childhood fears, or "boogieman" legends. i liked the actor's expressions and the sans dialogue script, just wish he was more of an actual child. i enjoyed it though (: nice job

Back