• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Issues With Particle Illusion & Sony Vegas Pro

The issues are with rendering video.

When Vegas gets up to Special Effects created by PI to render, the software crashes out. I caught the error a few times. The error is a memory dump error with a hex code. Memory dump errors are ususally associated with viruses, followed by a blue screen. In this case, Vegas Pro crashes out to the main Windows screen. I converted some of the SFx clips with Sony Vegas Home Movie Studi to HD XR, P 24 fps. And, instead of crashing, Vegas Pro is taking forever to render Video. I chopped the video into 5 and E, minute pieces to stitch together later for a DVD. The rendering time is way too long to be practical. It is making a modern computer look like a 10 year old relic with the time it is taking to render.

I also cleaned up the hard drive from error reporting to proceed with rendering.

It looks like I won't go for the full version of Particle Illusion next year with issues like this. I'll have to see if sommething else is available.

Please Contact GenArts Support

Hi there! It sounds like you're creating particle effects in pI and trying to render them in Vegas. Is that right? I don't believe that it's pI that's causing problems, but please feel free to email me directly (katie[at]genarts[dot]com) or contact our support team: http://www.genarts.com/support/form

Thanks!
Katie

Damn straight! I might just buy a copy of PI with service like that :)

Re: Vegas - are you running 32-bit or 64-bit? 32-bit Vegas is a b*tch for running out of memory - it's not even PAE-aware - just generally sucks. 64-bit is a lot more stable.

Hi there! It sounds like you're creating particle effects in pI and trying to render them in Vegas. Is that right? I don't believe that it's pI that's causing problems, but please feel free to email me directly (katie[at]genarts[dot]com) or contact our support team: http://www.genarts.com/support/form

Thanks!
Katie

Done! Thank you, Katie.

Hopefully a direct plug-in for Vegas Pro 8 is in the works.

Mike

The folks at Particle Illusion will be looking to announce a Sony Vegas Pro version of Particle Illustion next year.

The problem is narrowed down to a video file compression format problem.

A version native to Sony Vegas should resolve that problem.

Back