How many shots do you see in the first scene of this short film?

I'm trying to figure out what i'm looking at when I see certain scenes in films, but don't know if what I think i'm seeing is accurate or not. In the below example --a short film-- I think I see about 14 shots that make up it's first scene -- but am not sure. Also I may be calling inserts inserts instead of cutaways/some other term or vice versa. The 14 shots I think i'm seeing are:

a wide shot from across the pool
a close up of the clown juggling
another of the kids grouped together
one from he clowns left as the woman is coming out with the cake
another from that side but a different angle
a closeup of the girl punching him
a wide shot from the right of the clown showing him and the kids
a low angle shot from between the clowns legs showing the punch
2 inserts of the ball being tossed in the air before hitting the woman
an insert of it hitting the woman
a close up of the clown reacting to the woman falling
an insert of the cake hitting the clown
a wide shot of the woman on the ground with the cake ruined and the clown in frame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlFhvdTPr8U

I think the scene could have been filmed --maybe a number of different ways but for instance-- in 4 complete takes. One close up focused on the clown --frontal-- another of the children, one from the left of the clown and children --wide-- and another from the right --wide. The inserts/cutaways could have been filmed in smaller parts separately. Some of the shots could have been doubled up, like the woman coming out with the cake when filmed from the left of the clown could have had two camera on it --as well as from the right when that angle was filmed instead. Maybe I'm seeing incorrectly, and not understanding how these things work. Maybe a 5th take could have been taken as a master shot/wide shot from across the pool. What do you think about what I've said? How many shots do you see in the scene?? How many takes do you think you would have needed to film t --without errors occurring the 1st time around during each one? Can you name the shots you see? Why you'd film it in your chosen number of takes?

1) dolly across the pool as the kid jumps in
2) dolly in to clown as he juggles
3) reverse on children shaking their heads (handheld)
4) mid side shot on clown
4a) similar shot as female walks with cake (could have been the same handheld shot as 4 with the operator walking closer during the shot and it's been cut tight; or a different take of 4 with slightly different framing)
5) CU on middle child
6) side shot of girl punching
7) under leg shot of punch
8) reverse of clown face
9) hand throwing ball
10) ball flying through air
11) ball hits woman
12) clown turns around
13) wide: cake explodes
14) cake hits woman in face
12a) this looks to be a continuous shot from 12
14a) cut back to continuous of 14
15) mid-wide clown holding groin, kids arms folded, middle child says line
16) clown looks into camera (this could have been grabbed from one of the other clown CUs)

I imagine a couple of the wides were played out a lot longer than we see in the final cut. It's also possible that there were other shots that were not used. For example, maybe they did CUs on each child, planning to use it to lead up to the middle child punching, but figured it wasn't necessary in the cut. Maybe they had planned to use it in the cut, but ran out of time on the day.

Lots of little inserts and cutaways. They mostly would have been relatively easy to pick up.

Kids and a stunt - there would have been a few takes. Probably doable in the first block of the day, depending how much lighting was done (looks to be little - maybe some modifiers).

Back