• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Yanny and Mandy Show

I worked on this most of the day. I think I need more character or body movement next time. but it was just a thought I had, made me laugh and so I ran with it. :yes:

hope you enjoy. Its only about a minute but its like 4 hours of my life :grumpy:

[WM]http://www.paskday.com/yam/yam1.wmv[/WM]

right click and download this if the movie doesnt run in the coder.

http://www.paskday.com/yam/yam1.wmv

this is a space shuttle experiment that i did. I put this project off since its hard to recreate. The flame is too long and curves off the shuttles external rockets, I added a shakey cam but its kind of pointless since its off the ground but you can see where im going with this for the most part. I also added a slight camera blur when rendering in max7.

[WM]http://www.paskday.com/yam/shut.wmv[/WM]

yea, the shuttle does need work... it needs to fly a lot faster and the camera shake will work but only as it flys by the cam. It adds realism even though we know that anything flying along side the shuttle either has to be another rocket or a jet flying Mach3... BUT I've seen it many times, in apollo 13, and various other films as the rocket flys by, there's camera shake.

Did you use a noise modifier on the cam to make the shake?

How did you do the flame?

Coot, the flame is a max6 plugin (most max6 work with max7) called Partical Combustion. its a free flame and smoke plugin for max6 and 7. If you want I can put it on my website since its a freeware. all the designer ask is you give him credit in your films.

this was my first try so i can do a better job.

Yeah, the rocket will need to pick up speed a bit. my first goal is to use google earth to take prnt-scn small sections of florida, then paste them together to make a huge map of the region. that in itself is a project that will take many hours.

also, the free version of google has city names and other text popping out at you. I will need to maybe use a clone tool in PSP to remove or touch up so you dont see them.

Also, though it wont be commercial, I would probably send them an email asking if I can use it in my scene.
I never thought of using noise modifer to apply to a camera. does that even work? Paint shop pros "animation shop" comes with a really cool "Camera shake" tool that you can adjust. you just select the frames you want and apply different parameter values to them to create the shake. I think its the most realistic of all the camera shakes I have. I can then bring it into max or AE or vegas and add motion blur to make it more realistic.

its kind of cheating, but I notice that almost all 3D artist will help mask the 3D model look with some blur, atmosphere and shake to give it a much more realistic look. If I didnt have camera blur (FOV) attached to the ground, it would have looked alot faker.

Another trick is doing a night launch and adding spotlights and shadows. I think they did that in Deep Impact.

Back