• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 1st rough cut of my trailer.

Not really sure which forum is the more appropriate to post this in as it's not really a *film* per se, but a slideshow of some of my puppets, so figured I may as well keep it in my ani thread. 'Marilyn' actually started as a puppet stop mo, you can see a couple grainy film frames. Also, a few frames from 'The Children of Lir'.

http://www.vimeo.com/28084793

pw dooley

Protagonist's exposition in underpants:

http://vimeo.com/31684407

I needed to add a sequence illustrating the Canon of Polykleitos so my audience would get my joke regarding the idea of the perfect body (being '8 heads high') :P

http://vimeo.com/31697318

pw : delaneybailey603

* as before, these are really rough cuts using mine and my sound guys voice for timing.

It has a really great look. I love the visual style. Like Ernest, I kind of got lost. The narrative is a little jumbled, and I'm not quite sure who's saying what, and what it means for the overall story. Perhaps if I had more context it would make more sense?

I can't wait to see the final product. I'm glad to see that you're making progress!

It has a really great look. I love the visual style. Like Ernest, I kind of got lost. The narrative is a little jumbled, and I'm not quite sure who's saying what, and what it means for the overall story. Perhaps if I had more context it would make more sense?

I can't wait to see the final product. I'm glad to see that you're making progress!

Tanky CF!

Yeah, the audio is very rough. The dialogue was voiced by myself and my sound guy for timing. The first clip, my antagonist (Lulu's mother who's taken over the world just to make her daughter's life, hell) has assasinnated part of her Board of Directors in order to put her company back in the black. We are then introduced to Oisian Tracy, a hired gun who's job is to uncover and eliminate a cartel after this mother character. I was trying to experiment with his (Oisian's) exposition). This seq falls about 25 minutes into first act.

The second clip is not so much a plot point as a necessary visual *lesson* for my audience . Not everyone knows the traditional western Greek idea of the notion of the perfect form. My Lulu character's humor lies in the misconstruence of that canon. She IS literally 8 heads high, thinks she's perfect when the rest of the world will tell her 'it ain't so'. Teacher recognizes that this canon, on paper, "sounds' like a good idea, but in practical terms, NYUKKKKK. This seq sits about 18 minutes into 1st act.

Very nice, Bird.

I was able to follow both just fine, but tend to be pretty liberal with these things and just go with it, wherever that may be.

I see you've acknowledged the audio is rough.
For "Oisian exposition" everything seemed fine.
On "Lulu hedgeschool" make sure you knock down those screaming bird chirps a little more. The audio spikes are killing me.
Also, if practical/sensible, match the color of head ovals on th black proportion chart to that of those assembled in the column.
And at 1:29 the eighth head loses a quarter off the bottom of the chart - IF even relevant.

GL!

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to view, Ernest! Please feel free to elaborate, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The rest of you peeps, too.

Np!

It was what CF said right after your reply to my post. And you answered it for me when you answered his post.

Im sure it'll all make sense as a whole.

:)

Very nice, Bird.

I was able to follow both just fine, but tend to be pretty liberal with these things and just go with it, wherever that may be.

I see you've acknowledged the audio is rough.
For "Oisian exposition" everything seemed fine.
On "Lulu hedgeschool" make sure you knock down those screaming bird chirps a little more. The audio spikes are killing me.
Also, if practical/sensible, match the color of head ovals on th black proportion chart to that of those assembled in the column.
And at 1:29 the eighth head loses a quarter off the bottom of the chart - IF even relevant.

GL!

Much appreciated Ray! Check~knock down the chirping, and as a painter, I'm kicking myself for not thinking of color-coordinating the chart with heads. Fantastic idea, Ray. Thank you so very much!

Np!

It was what CF said right after your reply to my post. And you answered it for me when you answered his post.

Im sure it'll all make sense as a whole.

wow, bird, these clips are amazing! boggles the mind considering how much time goes into drawing and animating all of those cells.
I don't use this word much, but I'd have to say that this project has the feel of something epic in the making. :yes:

Wtf did I just watch? Lol.

It looks pretty awesome, although I didn't really know what was going on. My computer doesn't like vimeo for some reason, so the video doesn't play smoothly for me. I should watch it on a different computer and then I might have more to say.

Despite my own hardware problems, I thought it looked pretty awesome :D

wow, bird, these clips are amazing! boggles the mind considering how much time goes into drawing and animating all of those cells.
I don't use this word much, but I'd have to say that this project has the feel of something epic in the making. :yes:

Thank you very much, Jeff! :) I'm just hoping it's not an epic disaster.

Wtf did I just watch? Lol.

Heh, I get that alot. :D

It looks pretty awesome, although I didn't really know what was going on. My computer doesn't like vimeo for some reason, so the video doesn't play smoothly for me. I should watch it on a different computer and then I might have more to say.

Despite my own hardware problems, I thought it looked pretty awesome :D

Thanks for taking a look-see, ICH! I have problems with Vimeo as well. I also haven't figured out the perfect compression workflow, so that may account for problems, too.

I have problems with Vimeo as well. I also haven't figured out the perfect compression workflow, so that may account for problems, too.
I've been uploading 1280x720 MP4s @ 30 FPS as .avi files.
Seems to work fairly well.

Back