(Re)introducing myself

I've been off the forums so long, I thought I should reintroduce myself ;)

I'm an amateur filmmaker who had a horrid 2009 thank you, and am only now getting myself back on track. I'm currently starting work on my second short film, but I'm still a relative newbie.

Hello all :)

Anyone else feel guilty when you leave your film making for a long period of time?

Hello. It's a bit weird me welcoming you since you been here much longer than I have, but. Welcome :D Where can I see your work?

I'm just getting into making films. Just bought my first camera. It's on its way in the mail :)

hey there, welcome back!

i can definitely relate - i certainly feel weird about it - i've been out of the country for school without my editing equipment since 2008. we technically finished filming our second film and even had a rough cut screening in the summer of 2008, but it basically has put us out of commission outside of cleaning up the edit over breaks, and just this winter we finally released it on dvd. we're planning a doc for this summer, so hoping we can kick stuff back into gear, despite having more school to do...

let us know how your triumphant return goes!

Anyone else feel guilty when you leave your film making for a long period of time?

Yes. When I moved from Tucson to Las Vegas, in 1993, I was really having a down time in my life. I didn't make a movie for the next 5 years! I thought it was over and that thought depressed me.

Thanks to all for the wishes!

As far as my work, I'm trying to set up a website that will have it, in that process right now(granted I don't have a lot to show, and my first film had lighting issues, but its all about learning;))

I don't feel bad seeing the comments about people who had to take time off. My 2009 was lousy, and that's mild to say the least, but I'm getting back on the horse.

And thank you for the compliment about the Avatar Indietalk(at least, I hope it was one...:lol:):)

Good to be back in business :)

Back