Outdoor cinematography

http://youtu.be/CWBq6Uyn3vk Here is a video I made a couple of years ago and I've been asked to film something similar for a client but, I feel it doesn't look that great. Could people have a look and give me some advice on shooting outdoors and achieving professional looking cinematography?

Thank you.

time-lapse with clouds always looks cool
could add some more light leaks for certain scenes
circular polarizer helps for nature stuff
dolly or crane shot could make it look more professional

I actually think your images are very nice. The only thing that struck me was that they were mostly hand-held. I think using a tripod and/or slider would make a big difference for this type of "landscape/nature" imagery.

Thank you. Yeah back then my budget was enough to get a canon 600D (t3i) but now I have a Sony alpha a7 and a tripod, check me out haha I'm going to leave the hand held for action shots and just lock down my camera for landscape and nature like you suggested :)

Yes, your images are beautiful! Besides using a tripod or slider, have you ever looked into using polarizers? If not, they're just screw on filters for the front of your lens and it can add some vibrance, especially in scenes involving water or anything that could cause glare. You can find them on amazon (or practically anywhere) from like $25. Good luck!

Back