• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

reality tv meets the internet meets cash prizes!!

ok I was brain storming the other day and I got what I think is a pretty neat idea for the next big internet hit! eveyone that reads this please post... i've been tryin to get somefeedback on this idea on some other sites but all they do is keep deleting my post. anyway... onward

so here's the rundown Its a show. sort of like reality tv... except its real. the viewers can actually participate in it. and, its a challenge... and, there are prizes =)! CASH PRIZES! here's how it'll work...

1. it'll be set up for a 14 episode season each week the host will come on youtube (just an example) with a description of the challenge.. the viewers then have to go complete the challenge (with trusty camera in tow of course) and put it on youtube. then they leave a comment on the ''challenge video'' and me and some friends will judge whoever does the best job at completing challenges. each week contestants receive points for where they place. at the end of the season whoever has the most points wins.

2. now you might be asking ''theres a lot of people out there and if thousands or even hundreds of people start playing this isn't it likely to that no one person will win twice? causing a massive tie?''.... well yes, there would have to be an elimination of some kind. I figured the first 4 weeks would be for picking the finalist. during these first for weeks ANYONE can enter a challenge... but only 5 (just an example, could be more, probly not less though.) will be picked each week as finalists.

so episodes look like this

week 1: introduction
week 2 - 5: elimination
week 6 - 13: finalists compete for cash
week 14: winner announced, closing ceremony and compilation of the seasons best entrys.

3. the challenges would be things such as re-write a song into a hilarious parody, jackass type stuff pranks getting kicked out of the mall etc, coming up with stand up comedy routines, making a short film, coming with cheap and realistic special effects, show the world something useful (which is where contedtants would talk about or demonstrate something that isn't general knowledge but useful, as an example entrys may be about their homemade remedy or how to get 20 extra miles a gallon!), who can jump the highest, who can blow the biggest bubble, who can run 40's fastest, who can catch a fish with a caveman like spear (its not that easy!!!)... pretty much anything and everything there is except none of the challenges will be illegal or dangerous (well except for the jackass type stuff).

4.The money! At the end of the seaon whichever finalist has the most points will receive a cash prize.... so how much???? the depends on YOU, and everyone else who may or may not click to see the challenges. the more people watch the bigger the jackpot! as a general guideline were looking at right around $2,500 every 1 million combined views (every view from every episode). so if this takes off it could be a decent amount of money.... shoot even a million views spread out over all 14 epsiodes would have a decent jackpot!

so there you have it guys... my idea for the next big internet hit. everyone please post and tell me what you think!

oh and 4 questions! 1. how many finalists do you think there should be? what kind of challenges would you use, im sure some of the ones I used as examples sounded pretty boring! do you think all the money should go to first place or be spread among the top 3 (4)? how many people out of the millions online do you think would watch and take part in this?

Curious. Where is this prize money coming from? Are you funding it out of your own pocket, or are you going to require an entry fee? Or are you getting kickbacks from YouTube?

I'd be careful about advocating Jackass-like stunts, especially in public places like shopping malls where other people could get hurt. But that's just my opinion.

well I probably use youtube for the actual show, maybe for getting the word out about it though. it might have it own website im not sure yet. and ill be funding it.

Back