Co-Directors for Project 11 (worldwide)

Looking for filmmakers to collaborate on Project 11 - a unique experiment that will see 11 filmmakers from various countries in the world collaborating to make one short film.

Project 11 is a New-Age Thriller, which blurs the line between the real and the virtual world. The short film will be shot in 11 different cities across the world with 11 principal characters. The film is set to release worldwide in November 2011.

If you are an independent filmmaker with:

a) Access to Canon DSLR camera (5D/7D) to shoot HD mode
b) Access to one INTERIOR and one EXTERIOR location
c) Few actor friends
d) Loads of enthusiasm :)

AND you belong to any of the following cities..

1. Tel Aviv
2. Auckland / Wellington
3. Seoul
4. Kabul
5. Tokyo
6. Shanghai / Beijing
7. Dar es Salaam
8. Istanbul
9. Luxembourg
10. Los Angeles
11. London
12. Sao Paulo / Rio de Janeiro
13. New York

AND you are interested in knowing more about the project, please feel free to shoot a mail at project11thefilm@gmail.com.

Each filmmaker gets an equal credit in the film, and the freedom to use it in their showreels. Plans are afoot to secure basic minimum funding that takes care of 2 days' shoot expenses in each city.

Visit www.facebook.com/project11thefilm for details.

Waiting to hear from you..

Vikas Chandra
Project Director

About Me- I am a writer and an independent filmmaker based in Mumbai, India. When I am not writing screenplay and dialogues for Hindi movies, I am looking for ways to keep my indie-filmmaker bug alive n' biting.

Email- vikschandra@gmail.com
Phone- +91.983.353.0302
skype- vikschandra

I love this idea. Too bad I can't participate. I do not own or have
access to a Canon DSLR camera.

The film is set to release worldwide in November 2011.
Who is your distributor? How many screens have they set worldwide?
How many in the states?

I'm not sure how flexible your script is, but I have a crew in Detroit that would love to participate. There are areas of the city that could pass for other cities, or perhaps you could substitute Detroit for another city in your script.

I am in London and interested.

If you ever return for a second post I will release further details about my secret identity.

I love this idea. Too bad I can't participate. I do not own or have
access to a Canon DSLR camera.

Who is your distributor? How many screens have they set worldwide?
How many in the states?

Hey there.. we're looking at various models of releasing the film.. it could be partly online, partly theatrical, haven't locked that down yet, but the negotiations are on
Vikas Chandra

@Sin eater - thanks.. but we're aiming at authenticity - if it says London, we shoot in London
@NickClapper - thanks for ur interest.. get in touch at vikschandra@gmail.com if you wanna know more
@Dreadylocks, Gonzo Ent. - I'm sure we'd be able to work together may be not now but in future if you want :)
We are looking at Project 11 as the beginning of a movement - wherein creative minds from across the world jam together regardless of geographical, ethnicity or language barriers - lets hope for the best!

Hey there.. we're looking at various models of releasing the film.. it could be partly online, partly theatrical, haven't locked that down yet, but the negotiations are on
Vikas Chandra
Thanks.

As Zensteve mentioned there are no details at all on your
facebook page. If you do not find a Los Angeles director and
are willing to use footage shot on a much better camera
than the 5D/7D then I am quite interested. I would hate to
miss out on an opportunity like this because you insist on
a sub-par camera.

Thanks.

As Zensteve mentioned there are no details at all on your
facebook page. If you do not find a Los Angeles director and
are willing to use footage shot on a much better camera
than the 5D/7D then I am quite interested.

@Zensteve, Directorik - Thanks for pointing it out.. have updated the FB page

http://www.facebook.com/project11thefilm?sk=app_106878476015645&app_data=page-2

Using Canon DSLR cameras across the board is more of a logistics decision than a creative one.
Thanks for the offer though, will keep it in mind :)

You refer on that Facebook page to having '11 cities' and I presume that this is why it is called Project 11, right?

Why then do you list 13 cities on this thread?

You refer on that Facebook page to having '11 cities' and I presume that this is why it is called Project 11, right?

Why then do you list 13 cities on this thread?

Quite an observation @NickClapper!

The concept of the film allows the story to be set in any 11 of the 13 cities listed. Also, it just helps us cast the net wider.

Quite an observation @NickClapper!

The concept of the film allows the story to be set in any 11 of the 13 cities listed. Also, it just helps us cast the net wider.

Oh, ok.

I'm potentially interested but mainly because I'm seemingly the only person on this board who fits the requirements!

Is this script already written and, if so, how soon would interested parties be able to read it?

Dear fellow filmmakers,

I'm thrilled to share that my short film Project 11 - for which we were briefly in touch on this forum - has released online after finishing its 19 months long journey since its inception. It's a dark thriller about a cult online game that turns fatal for its gamers. The 11 odd minutes long film is jointly directed by 11 filmmakers and shot across 11 cities including Los Angeles, London, Mumbai, Beijing, Balochistan, New York & Dar es Salaam.

You can watch the trailer here.

It all started with a story that I had circa 2011, about a bunch of gamers scattered across the world who are trying to ace a game, and they start dying one by one. Making an international thriller all by ourselves seemed impossible, and that's when we decided to give the collaborative route a try.

Harnessing the power of internet to the hilt, we found directors, crewed-up, prepped, shot and readied the film in exactly 149 days. The film had a limited time online Premiere on 11.11.11 at 11:11 am. Subsequently it was pulled off to make it eligible for a run at the festivals.

The film premiered at the Puchon Fantastic Film Festival 2012, in South Korea, which is world's biggest genre film festival. Thereafter it was showcased in Budapest Shorts & Gandhara FF, Karachi.

This December, a year after the film was made, we decided to release it online for free viewing. It felt logical to put the film back from where it came from - the internet. To recount the arduous process of making this ambitious film, we have also released a short video, which talks about how to make a gorgeous looking international short film with extreme low-budget / guerrilla tactics.

You can watch the full film here.

Also check out The Journey of Project 11.

We also have a site www.project11thefilm.com, where in a lot of resources like Script drafts, Sample Storyboard & other useful info can be found.

Hope you like it.. and please write back with feedback

cheers
Vikas Chandra

Mail - vikschandra@gmail.com
Twitter- @vikSchandra / @project11online
Phone- +91.9833530302

"Let's re-invent filmmaking!"

Back