star wars episode IV

Good day fellow film fans. I wanted to get some opinions on star wars because I'm watching the new Star Wars Digitally remastered box set and was wondering what you guys thought of it. It's been a while since I've seen the original version but I was impressed with some of the additions and improvements. There were a few parts that were a bit up setting though including the new CGI jaba the hutt. I was impressed with some of the planetary establishing shots as well as the enhanced lightsabers and pistols. I've only watched episode IV so far but I plan to continue the trilogy in one setting b pulling an all nighter because my film class is going to see the the new episode III tomorrow. I'm freaking excited but sad that there will be nothing to look forward to. :( Anyways just looking to get some feed back to compare to. I'll post later when I've finished all three. Thank you and good night.

I was impressed by the digitally remastered versions. These are good flicks, and Episode III is no acception, have fun there!:)

The only thing I think they shouldn't have changed was the "ghost" or "spirit" of Anakin. They changed it to the actor (Hayden Christensen) that was playing the role today, which I guess makes sense, but I still wished they hadn't changed it. :(.

I liked the newly released DVD set too. The nicest thing is that Lucas fixed things that should have been fixed in the Special Edition release (Darth Vader's lightsaber was finally colored in as the blast doors are closing) and he fixed things he shouldn't have fixed (the Greedo shooting first scenes plays out a little better now... still not perfect but better).

Hopefully one day he'll go through and fix the new trilogy and get rid of all the ridiculous droid broken English talk and cute little cries when they die. The new trilogy would definitely have a feel closer to the original trilogy then making it a bit better.

We watched all six in a row (one a day) and I hate Return of the Jedi a lot less. Episode iV: A New Hope is still my favortite by far in terms of everthing coalescing into a self contained story & also being a perfect balance between characters & representing a whole universe through these few cahracters (without making any character "the one").

yeah visially the new set does look better but one part that really pisses me off is in episode VI return of the jedi when Luke, Han, Chewie, and android friends are sent the "walk the plank" you might say, into that sand worm. That used to be one of my favorite parts because you knew it was obviously fake but it had a cool look to it. Why did Lucas have to add that corny CGI Creature inside of the worm? It doesn't make it look any scarier. It looks like that plant in Jumanji that tries to eat Peter I think his name is. Anyways I do understand that they are Lucas' movies and he can do with them as he pleases but I just needed to vent.

Back