• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

NEED VERY SIMPLE HELP

So im ready to export my feature and everything but one lil thing is holding me back, I need a slit throat sound effect. ive gone online looking but some i found very cheesy and decent ones i gotta buy for $3 and thats not worth it. We've already spent over budget on movie so sound effect out the window.

Does anyone have a good sound they could just throw me or a link to one? The film is legit and the theater date is next week lol so im hoping some indie filmmakers can help a fellow one out.

The film's site is www.thecampgroundfilm.com and my email is

thecampgroundfilm@gmail.com

It mean alot thanks guys!

-Roman

Have a good mic? Record them yourself. Experiment with food, blades, and other objects. It's fun :)

Or you could get a foley artist, who will probably deliver much better results than you can. I'm sure there's someone who would be willing to give you a hand on the forum.

Is $3 really that much? Are you really that broke? :lol:

Yes i am that broke. I lost my job over this movie by putting to much time into it. So sorry my passion ran my wallet and credit cards up. Maybe one day you'll put everything on the line including friends, family, job and resources to do something that you wont let anything or anyone stop you.

Yes i am that broke. I lost my job over this movie by putting to much time into it. So sorry my passion ran my wallet and credit cards up. Maybe one day you'll put everything on the line including friends, family, job and resources to do something that you wont let anything or anyone stop you.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I usually assume that people have $3.

Okay, than I guess you should go with a foley artist or recording the sounds yourself. There's not going to be many high quality resources on the internet for zero dollars.

Have you checked out FreeSound.Org for your sound effect?

Maybe one day you'll put everything on the line including friends, family, job and resources to do something that you wont let anything or anyone stop you.

If you plan properly you don't need to sacrifice everything. And yes, I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt. I went from just another guy playing in a band to musical director for a famous oldies act playing The Apollo, the Beacon Theatre, Carnegie Hall, Madison Square Garden and similar venues all over the country. I've been through two career changes since - both with a wife and kids plus mortgage, etc. - and did not have to sacrifice friendships, family or my future.

Have you checked out FreeSound.Org for your sound effect?

If you plan properly you don't need to sacrifice everything. - and did not have to sacrifice friendships, family or my future.

We did plan well, but we ran into some pretty bad production problems mid filming and instead of packing up and going home i was gonna finish what i started. I'd sacrifice anything to do something I'm dead set on if i can into another project like this.

I don't recommend ppl do that, but its somethings that some will have to face. Not everyone can understand why something means so much to one person.

Well i hope your film makes some kind of money. is it a feature or short?

Don't take this the wrong way, but if $3 for the last effect you need is going to break you, I think you have more pressing matters to attend to first. It almost sounds like you're at the point where you just need a sound recorder and you'd slit your own throat.

Now that I have that out of my system...

I took a good hard look at your website. Damn, I admire the effort you went to and how much you're wearing your emotions on your sleeve, I'll offer to buy that $3 sound effect for you. PM me the details/link etc. In the mean time, I'll ask a couple local sound guys here if they already have some effect you can use for free.

You just inspired me to want to make a slasher. Maybe next year I'll be trying to hit you up ;)

Good luck and I hope your screening goes well.

It almost sounds like you're at the point where you just need a sound recorder and you'd slit your own throat....

:lol: Don't mean to laugh at anybody's misfortune, but that's funny!

RoJo - I agree with Chimp, make your own. It's fun to chop up bits of fruit and veg, mix the sounds together and see what they sound like.

Good luck!

I took a good hard look at your website. Damn, I admire the effort you went to and how much you're wearing your emotions on your sleeve, I'll offer to buy that $3 sound effect for you. PM me the details/link etc. In the mean time, I'll ask a couple local sound guys here if they already have some effect you can use for free.

You just inspired me to want to make a slasher. Maybe next year I'll be trying to hit you up ;)

Good luck and I hope your screening goes well.

Sweetie thank you alot for checking the film out, it means alot too me. As for hitting me up. I'm always down to work with fellow filmmakers! As for buying it i sincerely appreciate the gesture but i found a great sound myself so we can both save that whopping $3! haha.

Sweetie thank you alot for checking the film out, it means alot too me. As for hitting me up. I'm always down to work with fellow filmmakers! As for buying it i sincerely appreciate the gesture but i found a great sound myself so we can both save that whopping $3! haha.

Glad to hear you found a solution.

Phew. My wife would have killed me ;)

Back