• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Upcoming film Property w/Sizzle Reel

Hi all!

Would love if anyone could check out our upcoming film, Property, on IndieGoGo. The campaign is going great and I'm just hoping to keep that going. I'd love any feedback and help in our crowdfund.

Also, you'll find this on the page as well, I can happily show everyone our sizzle reel for the film. It's only 1 minute and 48 seconds long; if you have that time to spare, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Feel free to give any feedback on this as well!
Here's a link to it: https://vimeo.com/297925518

If you're interested after seeing our sizzle reel, here's our crowdfund campaign link:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/property-short-film/x/18201278#/

Thanks everyone, looking forward to hearing from you all!
Jon

(I'm new to the forum so I'm hoping this is the right place to post!)

Welcome to indietalk.

The clip doesn't tell us anything. If you didn't write what your movie is
about I would never get it from this clip. I get a domestic abuse vibe.
It's a fascinating subject but even know that I don't see it in this clip.

Ah yes, I see your point. I suppose because we always intended on producing this alongside the crowdfund (where significant information is given) we wanted to keep this more subtle - simply showing the emotion and threat that we wish to get across in our actual film.

Would you say the below sizzle would be a better representation? We chose to go with the shortened version without the additional scene as to keep it snappy (and because we transitioned from producing a feature to a short). But I'd love to hear your opinion on whether or not we should have gone with this more heavy handed informative version:

https://vimeo.com/292282998

(pass is 274PROP)

Jon

That's pretty heavy handed. But if that's a good representation of
your short film it might be better to show.

Only you know what you want to present to people; sometimes
subtle doesn't work. I'm always suspicious of a movie that claims
to be striving to help a cause. Please don't misunderstand; I'm not
saying you aren't sincere, it's only my personal opinion. If you are
activists who are actively working to help these women then I think
you need to put that up front. Be as heavy handed as you need to
be. Don't hide your passion and the point of your movie.

Telling a story about a serious, important issue is different than
activism. I don't know what your goal is based on either of these
trailers. The first one is unclear, the second looks like activism. If
your film is a story then you might want to show what the story is
in your sizzle reel. If your film is a documentary about this subject
then the second one is more accurate.

However, your campaign seems to be doing quite well so you're
doing something right. It leave me confused.

The first one is a great scene. I do get the "prisoner" feel. That's why he looked outside. To see if he was followed, cops, etc. I can also tell she is too afraid to leave, as, no one is home and there are no bars on the windows.

That's really all I got though. It looks more battered wife than sex trade, except for the title, suggesting she was purchased.

Like directoik I would like to know the story. Unless that is not important here, and awareness is, as he states. I get that more from the second one. Slave, okay. Sex trade I am assuming. Didn't visit the site yet. This is all from the two trailers. So I can give you an objective view.

Like he says, we still don't know the story. What happens in this film? Or is it an awareness vehicle, and you want to highlight that?

You need to push harder in either direction to get your message out. Movie? Activism? Not sure.

Also I understand this is paired with a fundraising campaign so you mean it to be a counterpart. BUT your video should stand alone for viral and sharing purposes.

Back