• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

7 Indie Film Digital Distribution Companies You Can Submit to Online

I was looking for a way to distribute my film Zedic and the Crimson Born for viewing online. I checked out 7 options and made notes that may be interesting to folks here.

I could just put it on YouTube but before I do, I would rather find a distribution solution that could do one of the following:

1. Offer a way for people to donate or pay to see the film. Its a short so I would be happy with $1 per view.
2. Provide a “content locking” solution where a viewer would complete a survey or view an ad to see the film and I am paid by the advertiser. I really do not want to deal with YouTube’s random monetization approval.
3. A distributor that offers the film some exclusivity and privacy. This is really a pilot for a feature, so I’m not looking to open it up to the general public - just people who know me and my music, and maybe some heavy duty sci-fi enthusiasts.
4. Provide an existing user-base of independent film fans and discovery engines where my film could be found by indie scfi-fi buffs.

So here is the post with my notes:

http://www.danosongs.com/blog/7-indie-film-digital-distribution-companies-you-can-submit-to-online/

Dan-O, Film and Music Producer

Use my music free if you credit me: danosongs.com
My alien sci fi short film: alienscifimovie.com

Last edited:
Chill Direct

I'm not totally clear on your goals, so I'm not sure if this is a good fit, but Chill just launched a platform worth looking at. That part of the platform went live a couple weeks ago.

This is the tool to experiment with. chill.com/creators

These are some of the featured projects. chill.com/store

I think it will be interesting to see how shorts like yours will use the platform to develop their audience while allowing their audience to support future projects by buying merch or experiences (like crowdfunding models).

Something to look at. I work with them if you have questions about it.

Vimeo has a donate function for Pro members I think, and it is possible to make it password protected or similar for privacy.

BTW Dan-O I love your music! I've used it a few times in client work

I've seen several projects recently, using the Distrify that you got set up with.

Interesting site there, btw, CDonline.

Back