*URGENT* Want to make a viral video?

Well, I really feel bad for this young girl who seems to have been exploited by Patrice Wilson of Ark Music Factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0&feature=player_embedded

The guy used her to put himself into a 13 year-old's music video which now has over 67 million views.

Anyway, he didn't really think through his lyrics and this song turned out to be more like a preschool sing-along which teaches you the days of the week (which he wrote, btw, the girl didn't write it).

"Gotta get out of bed"
"Gotta go downstairs and get a bowl"
"Cereal..."

"Yesterday was Thursday"
"Today is Friday"
"Tomorrow is Saturday"
"After that is Sunday"

The vocals I can hear were not produced at all, a whole lot of vocoding and auto-tune going on. She was also allowed to sing extremely nasally so the buildup of this nasal plugged-nose quality gets accentuated when you re-record and overdub the chorus 12 times, and what you're left with is a sad result which most possibly will cost this girl her career like that *snaps fingers*. I think the poor quality of vocals rests in the producer and recordist more than the singer in this particular case.

Anyway, How does something like this get over 67 million views?

I think pretty much all of you could do a better job filming and editing a music video like this one...

It just boggles the mind...

Don't tell me the popularity for this video is solely for it's quality of song production, etc? You think that's the case?

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
While that sounds like it could be funny, it would require that I listen to both of those songs for the first time.

I have no intention of doing any such thing. :D

While that sounds like it could be funny, it would require that I listen to both of those songs for the first time.

I have no intention of doing any such thing. :D

Sorry, I edited the last post because while I did want you guys to laugh it's just downright cruel.

Anyway, do you know why something like this gets 67 million views while Michael Jackson's Thriller is only about 15 mil views above this one?

Has the world gone insane?

I've seen videos from users of this site which blow this one away... it's just not fair.

I think you've answered your own question Roc. The more people who spread it around saying "check out how crap this is" the more hits it gets. It's a phenomena for being crap.

Well, anyway,

Wish there was a way to sort of balance the views by quality of art as opposed to the "Fail" phenomenon.

Damn... I was hoping this video wouldn't end up here. Allen is right. This video is so popular because it's so bad. Do a search of Rebecca black on YouTube and you will find her video and million others making fun of her. I feel sorry for her.

k fine, I thought there was something more to it like an ad campaign or something, but bleh.

I am considering calling her up and asking her to send me her original tracks so I can remix it.

dude I really feel bad for this girl.

It actually doesn't lack a beat, it's just the vocals have this god-awful nasal tonality and it's got cheesy effects in it like slide whistles and crap.

I think I could make it bumpin'.

Yeah, I feel bad for the kid too. It's got a bazillion hits because everybody on Facebook posted it to their wall, talking about how horrible of a video it is. Poor kid. I hope she's got good blinders on. Or, I hope she doesn't care and is able to exploit the making-fun-of-her into some kind of actual success.

That would be the coolest thing in the world if you remixed this and made it good. I have a feeling it's those losers at the production studio who own the rights, though.

Yeah.

Cracker, you might be on to something here.

I wikied her. She lives pretty close to L.A.

I watched her video of her doing the acoustic version to try and ward off criticism, and she isn't half-bad, she just needs vocal coaching.

Dude, think of how cool it would be if I brought her to my own studio and produced that song - re-wrote it and made it sound good.

I'm pretty sure I can make her sound better than Ke$ha.

@Michael, yeah, I was thinking of re-recording it. You can't EQ that quality out of it.

Yeah.

Cracker, you might be on to something here.

I wikied her. She lives pretty close to L.A.

I watched her video of her doing the acoustic version to try and ward off criticism, and she isn't half-bad, she just needs vocal coaching.

Dude, think of how cool it would be if I brought her to my own studio and produced that song - re-wrote it and made it sound good.

I'm pretty sure I can make her sound better than Ke$ha.

@Michael, yeah, I was thinking of re-recording it. You can't EQ that quality out of it.

Do it!!! That would be so awesome.

I don't like her personality and am not sorry for her. I saw a youtube interview with her from abc; she seemed full of herself and basically said the criticism bounced off her and she didn't care. She actually thought her song was very good. But I agree, her voice isn't terrible b/c the abc people made her sing part of the star spangled banner.

Bah I sent an e-mail to two contacts I could find but who knows, it might be so flooded with hate mail etc. that I might not even get through.

Oh well,

If it happened that would be cool - and that's a lot of publicity.

I don't like her personality and am not sorry for her. I saw a youtube interview with her from abc; she seemed full of herself and basically said the criticism bounced off her and she didn't care. She actually thought her song was very good. But I agree, her voice isn't terrible b/c the abc people made her sing part of the star spangled banner.

If this is the interview you're talking about --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFIzWjT5I4

I have to disagree with you. She admitted to being really hurt by the criticism, but is doing her best to take it in stride. She says she believes she has talent at some level, not the best, not the worst. From this interview, I'd say she looks like a pretty well-adjusted kid, just your average 13-year-old with a crush on Bieber. Whatever happens, I hope she has the last laugh.

I have to disagree with you. She admitted to being really hurt by the criticism, but is doing her best to take it in stride. She says she believes she has talent at some level, not the best, not the worst. From this interview, I'd say she looks like a pretty well-adjusted kid, just your average 13-year-old with a crush on Bieber. Whatever happens, I hope she has the last laugh.

Justin Bieber fans, charming little shits that they are, were the ones telling her to kill herself. The song is annoyingly catchy - it sounds pretty bad, but there's no denying that it sticks in your head. I think I probably prefer Bob Dylan's version, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM

(If you get a chance to read the comments, some of them are downright hilarious.)

Back