• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Funding ?

tHi I'm one of the lead actresses and the writer of a new independent film about 5 siblings in the 18 months after their parents die. It is called Staying Together While Falling Apart.
In January the cast and crew made a trailer on thier own time and dime, we would really like to film the feature.

Right now we are trying to spread the word and help get funding. can you please check it out and pass the word and maybe donate. Thanks. I will answer any questions you have, or any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the kickstarter link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1097383822/staying-together-while-falling-apart

the blog can be found here http://stwfamovie.wordpress.com/

Thanks

I would highly recommend cleaning up the cutting and the audio, drives me nuts to hear audio popping.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to your very first post on indietalk.

You video does not have a professional look to it - terrible audio,
flat lighting (no lighting?), stilted acting, no music. If you want
total strangers to donate I suggest your video be up to the
standards of the final film you will be making.

I look at this and think, I would not watch a movie that looks and
sounds like that video so I'm not donating anything.

My suggestion to most people looking for funding...

amex.jpg

Because really, if you don't believe in your project enough to bankroll it yourself, why should anyone else want to do so?

Anyway, :welcome:

Because really, if you don't believe in your project enough to bankroll it yourself, why should anyone else want to do so?

So you're saying that someone without $35,000 to bankroll a movie
doesn't believe in their project enough. What is your threshold? That
point where it's possible to believe in your project enough but the
budget is too high to personally bankroll?

So you're saying that someone without $35,000 to bankroll a movie
doesn't believe in their project enough. What is your threshold? That
point where it's possible to believe in your project enough but the
budget is too high to personally bankroll?

My point is that more often than not, kickstarter (and similar sites) are abused by people looking for a handout, people who've not exhausted all options for paying their own way. That's it.

My point is that more often than not, kickstarter (and similar sites) are abused by people looking for a handout, people who've not exhausted all options for paying their own way. That's it.
I didn't get that from your comment.

So is there a threshold for paying your own way? At what
point do you feel it's not looking for a handout to look for
outside financing?

Not attacking, just curious. I do not finance my films. So I
don't ever exhaust all options to pay for my films myself.

my honest opinion: work on your filmmaking skills for another few years on your own dime before asking others for money. The trailer is simply not good enough.

My suggestion to most people looking for funding...

Anyway, :welcome:

I used up the rest of the money on my credit card for the trailer, I am currently in between jobs so I don't have any more money to give

My point is that more often than not, kickstarter (and similar sites) are abused by people looking for a handout, people who've not exhausted all options for paying their own way.

abso-frickin-luteley!

Also, I'll never understand why someone who doesn't already have an established fanbase would use crowdfunding.

both of those things are a big piece of the filmmaking process

I get that , but what I meant is the editing and everything that went into thefinal trailer I had nothing to do with. As for using kickstrter a lot of us in the cast have smaller fanbases from other projects we have done, and I know they were hoping that all the fanbases would get together and donate.

As far as for the quality, we have professional crew members for the feature

Back