• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Looking for constructive criticism

Elements I didnt like:

1. the guy with white gloves trying to dance.. just a bit weird for me and out of context
2. certain props werent doing it for me either especially the wrestling belt.
3. all the shots were basically the same.
4. second rappers face and eyes were a bit off, as a director you should keep on top of their performance and rev them up a bit more.

I did like the area you shot in, I think you should have waited til it was a bit darker though, also your colouring doesn't feel like it matches the vibe of the video, its too bright, a bit grimmer for me would have made it nicer.

as you said it was cheap, however it was nice editing, not the worst video iv seen and a good learning experience for you, im sure with more videos you will have something really nice, also next time look at Matt Alonzos videos, hes the go to director for rap videos, checkout his latest one with The Game its on Vimeo.

look forward to your next videos.

Thanks a lot.. I didnt even think to make it darker to fit.. that would have been something simple that adds a whole lot more to the vibe, thanks again

Agreed, too much sameness -- another element or two added to the mix would have been nice.

Also, I'd adjust the contrast a bit. The footage looked a bit too "clean" for the material presented.

That said, you're a step or two ahead of the average person who posts a music video in here.

Good luck.

Stuff I liked / didn't like.

Firstly congrats on completing. The rapping etc... isn't bad although the messaging isn't my kinda thing. A few nice tricks in there.

Stuff to work on. Well, firstly the colouring which needs a lot of work. Composition also needs a lot of work as a lot of the shots could've been improved. Shot selection could be improved massively. It was also all a bit same but if you'd added a heap of tricks, sorted out the composition, colouring, better shot selection etc..., I could've gone with it.

Stuff to add: Dynamic camera movement, different angels, better use of locations, lighting improvements, storyline.

Back