• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sixx:A.M. - Skin (First project ever)

Hello!

I recently did a music video for a school project together with some friends. Since its my first attempt to make something serious, and in matter of fact pretty much my first film project ever, i would appreciate all the feedback i can get!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6nTA9Q0JM

Anyways, thanks for reading/watching. If you got any questions i'll be more than happy to answer them :)

It had emotion, and that's number one. Visually, while much of it was dark, it showed that you have a brilliant understanding of how shots look, and come together. The seamless transitions were a great idea, and executed well, and the brightening to white as the music built worked, then the next shot after really fit. The thing with that is, it seemed like you just brightened the entire image in post. I think that if lighting allows on set, slowly overexposing in camera may work better, or going about it differently in post. And it was a little too dark at many points. What did you have access to for shooting? But as far as a first attempt, very nice. The concepts of film were clearly understood, and it came together in an organic, flowing way. Keep doing things!

First of all, yes, all of the brightened parts were made in post while I edited the footage. I know it might not be the prettiest and far from the best but there weren’t many other options available. At least not options that I’m capable of doing.

And second of all we didn't have access to very much while shooting. Our budget was close 0$, if you don’t count a meal here and there for our actors. All we had was a camera (Canon 550D) and a tripod for it. Unfortunately we had no lights, which was a big problem. What we did have were friends and friends of friends for actors and a couple of places where we were allowed to film for some hours. And as I said lights was a big problem for us through the entire process. We used whatever light the location we were shooting on had to offer, which in in most cases weren’t that good. Expect from the guitar scene, were some spotlights were available for use, which turned out to be pretty sweet.

Thank you very much the response and the kind words, I appreciate it!

Back