• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

The Largest Sound Effects Pack

You sound like a nice person, but here's my take.

The pricing of $999 regular price to $499 regular price (now on sale for $197) makes me think that either the product was purposely overpriced (which is a tactic I don't like), or not selling very well (it makes me question the quality). Also, the language you're using (i.e "Bro") paints you as some hipster kid. I'm a 50something, and I don't understand hipster kids. They scare me.
Good luck~

*$499: http://soundblaze.net/sales.php
*$999: http://filmmakeriq.com/filmmaker-forums/topic/largest-sound-effects-pack-for-films-and-media/

I didn't join forums to post products being oblivious to the nature of its patrons. I have been into Internet Marketing since 2005. There are primarily 2 types of forums that have users who are usually very cocky, arrogant and have a frustrated attitude towards life. Those are 1) Filmmaking Forums and 2) Music forums

This is usually because these users are not really doing well in their life and they vent their frustrations out on forums because in real life they aren't the "go getter" types of individuals. They are introverts and socially awkward and they voice their opinion only on forums and remain their for the rest of their lives.

now don't get me wrong "ManOfTheYear". I am not saying you are part of this group. Infact you are not.

Anybody with 7000 posts on a forum which is not a Computer Software/programming/internet marketing etc this type of forum, I have no respect for. Then i talk to them in the language they understand best. (i.e "bro and stuff like that')

This WheatGrinder says he is here for knowledge lol. If you want knowledge in filmmaking, then buy a camera, go out in the field, shoot stuff. Write scripts, start making short films, learn FCP, learn how to sync music/VOs and do all this stuff.. fail fail fail fail and learn from your failures!! Produce as much content as you can till you get to the point where you become a good filmmaker/dop/scripwriter whatever your are aiming for!
DONT SIT ON FORUMS AND CUSS PEOPLE!

you will never get anywhere by cussing other people, instead focus on your creativity.

Now about the pricing, "ManOfTheYear" I downloaded logos and images from the website owners affiliate software. It is the price they were selling this product at before. Now it's a limited time offer. On their site they say $499 because they had brought it down from $997 to $499 and now for a month its $197

I hope my language did not offend you this time. By the way, I am 50+ maybe older than you. And I love hipster kids, I love life!

If your job is to find forums where product promotion is not permitted, lie about the product you're promoting and then insult those who call you out on it, then I must say you're doing a great job and deserve a raise!

G

If product promotion is not permitted then the powers that be will ban my account. It's none of your business. Again, I suggest you get a life and work on your product or movie or whatever you do. The more you reply on this thread, the longer my thread will stay higher up, and the more traffic it will get. And people interested will buy it.
Thanks for replying and helping my thread stay on top, but I would suggest that you focus on something positive and go create something instead of wasting your time being negative on someone else's thread. It's a pathetic attitude to have in life. Pretty much that of a loser.

So you're saying that you're 50+ years old and that is indeed your job? And you call us losers ... That's funny! :lol:

G

Do you know anything about Internet Marketing and how much revenue it generates? Do you know anything about Affiliate Marketing and how products reach people in this day and age? Do you know anything about cash flow automation? Jesus Christ did you understand anything I said in my previous posts?

You are indeed, a dumber. more thick in the head person, i previously thought you were.

Do you know anything about Internet Marketing and how much revenue it generates?

No, not a clue! But based on your posts in this thread, would I be pretty close if I said about $0?

You are indeed, a dumber. more thick in the head person, i previously thought you were.

Ah, then in addition to your other failings, you're also a poor judge of character. I on the other hand am a good judge of character because you're almost exactly as dumb and thick in the head as I previously thought! :cool:

G

Last edited:
I'd be careful posting your sounds on youtube. Plenty of people know that there are sites that allow you to download youtube videos, which would allow them to take your sound effects completely free

Just to be clear, here is what you ("royaltyfreesounds") has to say about me:

"Not a loser like you"

"Anybody with 7000 posts on a forum which is not a Computer Software/programming/internet marketing etc this type of forum, I have no respect for."

"Whats your problem man? You're lame bro"

anything else you'd like to add?

p20LQ4f.jpg

If product promotion is not permitted then the powers that be will ban my account.
You can advertise, but their is a forum for that. This is for people discussing post production techniques/questions they may have.
"DO NOT advertise in the discussion forums. Please choose the most appropriate forum under the Classified Ads heading. Classified ads that are posted to discussions will be deleted."
Here's a link to the rules

It's none of your business.
What? It's our business as well as yours. We're your potential customers, surely the best possible result for you is that it's our business! Given it's your business, well... it's your business. So it's everyone's business here!

Again, I suggest you get a life and work on your product or movie or whatever you do. The more you reply on this thread, the longer my thread will stay higher up, and the more traffic it will get. And people interested will buy it.
On the contrary I'd suggest that perhaps people may read the thread to get feedback on the sound pack. I.e. Is 7000 sounds really the largest sound package available? What's the quality of the sound package? I wonder if it's, for some reason, in "CD format" rather than theatrical formats? Then see that answers to such questions are probably not that satisfactory, and that the person selling them is kind of a tool who abuses potential customers.

DONT SIT ON FORUMS AND CUSS PEOPLE!
For future reference.
"verb (used without object)
to use profanity; curse; swear."
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cuss

you will never get anywhere by cussing other people, instead focus on your creativity.
Both Wheat and APE are pretty established filmmakers in their fields. APE being a professional, Wheaty being a pretty damn impressive amateur filmmaker.

Whats the harm in promoting a product on forums? There are so many people who discover products like that and it comes in handy. I myself have discovered so many products like that.. If the owners of the forums have a problem then they will remove our posts and warn us or Ban us.

Whats your problem man? You're lame bro.. I can't believe you have NOTHING ELSE to do in life but sit on my thread and cuss me.. LOL You need a life man.. its pathetic!

Personally I have recorded thousands of sound effects and hundreds of royalty-free music tracks.........but when I want to tell people about the new products I go here: IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Promotion rather than starting a thread in this section of the forum. People can find our products there. Isn't that how it's supposed to work on this forum rather than how you have done it here? That way people who want to buy stuff can go there to look for products if they want them, and you aren't seen as a spammer or just a product hawker. Then get yourself involved in the other forums topics discussing and helping people with queries. We all have stuff to offer from experience, and we can all learn from others too. Just my two cents worth anyway.

Back