plz help

You should use an external recorder, DAT, Mini Disk, any one of the digital recorders that take CF card.
Sync with a clapper slate. I know it's a PITA but if done right you will get great sound.

Terry

thanks for replying so fast i don't have much of a budget to work with probaly between 100-200 dollars:D:
the camera i have is a jvc everio-mg330au;) hope this answers your question

Wtih $200 ...

1. Use your laptop (or desktop if you have no other choice) for sound recording. There is a good open source recording software in the web. - FREE

2. A good mixer with XLR or Phone mic inputs ( there are low priced mixers out there ) 4 inputs is a good start and doesn't consume your budget. - $50

3. A shotgun mic for conversations and a Cardioid vocal mic for atmosphere and people voices. - $26 + $30

4. 2 mic stands, remember to get the mic holder too. - $30 + $4

5. Very important 1/8 phono stereo cable to RCA, this is for connecting your mixer to the computer. Usually the mics include the cable, but verify that you have all cables needed . There are Low Impedance and Hi impedance. I am not quite sure right now if LO goes with electeret mics (the shotgun uses a battery, I think is electeret) and HI with dynamic, but it is your homework to find out (and mine). - about - $30

There, a basic (very basic and low budget) recording gear under $200, and it works.

external digital sound recorder like stardust walking said, with an external mic

there not to expensive and great quality... hit record on ur camera and audio recorder and the audio will sync up perfectly instead of recording voice overs later (which is very troublesome)

Personally, I'd suggest keeping an eye on ebay for a good deal on a field recorder..

There is, as of right now, a portable Tascam DAT (DA-P1) recorder listed, with a current bid around $70. It's got two XLR inputs, phantom power, the works.. If I were in the market for one I'd probably snatch it up myself.

In fact, you could probably find a good deal on a zoom H4, and just stick it on the end of a painters pole for now. They have XLR inputs with phantom power, so when you can afford to upgrade to a different mic in the future, you could continue to use it to record to. There are several of those listed on ebay for under $200 right now as well.

Last edited:
Are you filming for self or for sale? If you are doing something for $$ then see if you can offer something in trade to a local person who can help with the shoot. Your services for his kind of thing. One thing to check into is see if your local college or cable station has equiptment to loan for directors. My local cable station allows you to borrow some equiptment and use their facility for a cheap buy in. I think the producer level buy in was only $40. IG

Back