• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Working On First Feature Film (The Players)

Hello All!!!

Glad to find an online community of willing filmmakers! Okay, I'm currently working on my first feature film. It's been quite the experience. After years of working on short films, sketches and web-series, me and my company decided to finally take on a big fish.

So far it's been a huge learning process. We're about 80% done with the film, and I'm very happy with what we've been getting (even though it's been killing me). I'd like to have you guys' continued input as to what we're creating here. I think we have a really compelling story with an amazing cast. But I'm sure most filmmakers feel that way. Anyway, here's a link to the teaser of the film. We're working on a 2nd one to put out next week, before we put out a final trailer once the film is complete. If interested I've also included a link to GoFundMe....but I'm not sure if that's allowed on here, so my apologies in advance if it's not.

The film is a story about two brothers who are seeking revenge on the man who sexually abused their mother on her pursuit to becoming an actress in Hollywood.

Teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj_6CNQTyKM

GoFundMe:
GoFundMe.com/ThePlayers

Narrator only comes out the left side like the above post states,

Dialogue from the nervous gentleman is distorted,

and the big "bang" stinger sound effect nearly blew my speakers up...

Can you please fire the audio guy who did this for you? Or if it is you, please learn that dynamics that wide wont achieve very good audience enjoyment if you rip their face off with a loud sound effect like that. This is worse than those little videos named "SCARIEST VIDEO EVER" on YouTube.

The acting seems good.

I wanted to like it, but those seriously amateur and rookie mistakes on the audio really turn me off.

Narrator only comes out the left side like the above post states,

Dialogue from the nervous gentleman is distorted,

and the big "bang" stinger sound effect nearly blew my speakers up...

Can you please fire the audio guy who did this for you? Or if it is you, please learn that dynamics that wide wont achieve very good audience enjoyment if you rip their face off with a loud sound effect like that. This is worse than those little videos named "SCARIEST VIDEO EVER" on YouTube.

The acting seems good.

I wanted to like it, but those seriously amateur and rookie mistakes on the audio really turn me off.

Thanks for your feedback!!! Yes, we definitely have hired a sound designer. That was a teaser we used to get some funding, but we've reshot it, and have full sound coming!

Thanks for your feedback!!! Yes, we definitely have hired a sound designer. That was a teaser we used to get some funding, but we've reshot it, and have full sound coming!

Hey - I'm in the process of moving.

Once I get set up, if you have anything you specifically need help with (sound effect balancing, mixing whatever) let me know and I'll do my best to help out.

I'll be up and running in about 3 weeks.

New Trailer

Hey guys!!! Thanks again for all your feedback thus far!

We've just dropped a new trailer this morning. The sound levels in this one should be a little better. We're looking to drop a final trailer in a few weeks, once we're finished shooting. But this is just to give the people a little tease of what's to come. So there aren't too many story elements, revealed. Let me know what you guys think!

"The Players" Teaser link:
https://youtu.be/tFOlmj37B00

Hey, congrats on making it as far as you have. Keep it up!

Yeah, I would definitely take the ad off your teaser. A teaser IS an ad, you should be glad that people are willing to watch it. I realize that Hollywood puts ads on their ads, but you're not Hollywood.

My main problem with this teaser is that I don't know what the movie is about. Perhaps that's on purpose. I mean, it IS a teaser, not a full-blown trailer. If that was your intent, to only tease the mood of the film, that's fine, I'd just recommend making it about half as long then.

Thanks for sharing, and best wishes!

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, we have a promo plan we're working on. The first two teasers are just that. Something to turn heads. We're about a week away from completing production, and we're going to be putting together one final trailer later down the line. It should definitely have more story and plot points.

Back