• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Seeking A Screen Writer

F

faisal

hello everybody. i am about to start my next feature film again for film festivals etc in india- mumbai. and i am looking for WRITERS to write my film's screenplay and dialogues of my ready story. my last film PICK ME was internationally acclaimed film. i really have a very tight budget for this film and there is a very very very small pay involved. pay will be allowed to you after the completion of the film (please don't ask for any advances). but yes! you'll be provided with title credit's. you can of course visit one of my film's website...www.alovewithoutname.com which we have already sent to various film festivals and we are getting very good response. it can be a good job for atleast showcasing your talent. if my idea excites you than please get back to me on my email address sofiathefilm@hotmail.com or my telephone numbers 0091 22 23083755 or my cellular number 0091 22 389 72 786. please read the advertisement carefully before applying. thanking you., FAISAL SAIF (director). www.alovewithoutname.com

At this stage, the most important aspect of a movie is its screenplay.

There are many things you will have to pay for - this you already know having made an internationally acclaimed film - and the most important item (the screenplay) should be one of them.

I'd be very interested to know what is more important to a film than a screenplay. What will you be paying for upfront, that is more important than the screenplay?

If you are willing to set a fixed fee for the script and pay in thirds (one third up front, one third upon delivery and one third on the first day of production) I will write one for you. Even if the pay is very, very, very low.

I get the impression that what is being offered here is a very low wage on the back end, which strikes me as the worse of all possible deals.

Like directorik I can see the point of taking a low wage if there is at least a third up front, a third on the first day of principle photography and a third on completion or taking a micro amount (food money/mortgage) up front and the full rate for the job on the back end, subject to sale.

I don't mind taking a smaller amount on the front end, if I like the project and people, but it takes a massive amount of time and energy to properly craft a screenplay. I think that you really need to see at least a living wage for that time and some possibility of a real return on the investment.

I think if I invest two months on a screenplay and I'm not getting paid up front, I'd be inclined to keep the screenplay and make it myself. At least I'd get a better back end deal. In fact, Faisal is leaving her/himself wide open, because it's only the screenplay that can hold copyright, not his/her story idea.

I'm sure it's possible to get someone to agree to a no money up front, small money on the back end deal, but it saddens me that that is the case.

You're website already cites a writer...? Also, since it's based on a true story, do you have the permission of the real-life people to use their likeness and story for your movie? I'm assuming you do... because I'm sure there are laws regarding that sort of thing...

I hate to be rude, but anybody with a little common sense will figure out this is a scam and waste of time. How do we know will get pay if your in India. Who is dumb enough to waste 2 to 3 months in writing a screenplay for a stranger who might not even give a credit. If you are such an acclaim director, why posted in this board anyway? Dont you have industry contacts by now?

Back