• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Dawn in Paris - Silent Short Film

I went to Paris back in April 2012 to film this short, unfortunately the lighting and the sound were terrible and I didn't bother to finish it until now in February 2015! To make it somehow work I made it in black and white and silent! Mostly just for myself but I still hope you'll enjoy it! :)

I don't ever give up and try my best to make the shit work! Even after almost 3 years!

s'amuser! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV6UAfRi3W8

pro:
smooth cam work, really enjoyed watching that!
con:
the b&w is one thing, but the fake film noise and scratches bug me
pro:
really simple idea, love how it came full circle, well told!
con:
boom in the coffee shop shot
pro:
pretty well paced. maybe a bit slow, but worked with the theme and soundtrack. definitely a pro
con:
didn't love the soundtrack or song transitions-a bit jarring. ask a piano playing friend to help you out, DIY! i get it though, that is tough and time consuming...but much more impressive and will help with any sort of awkward song transitions
pro:
it was fun!!
con:
intertitles need to be v. brief. font a bit frilly.
pro:
acting was solid, if it hadn't been a silent film, i might have thought she overacted a bit, but without sound, it really works

great work, keep it up. sometimes you just need to give a project space to let your brain solve problems like bad audio, and you did well with it, congrats!

i likw chaplin style movie when it comes to silent one's(any other).
said , waited for 3 years !!
imagine what all significant scenes and sensible be added to that movie!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are really capable of writing chaplin SIR style of script(influenced) , then surely:
all the other style will be easy reach to you.

It is just few angle shots , and that many characters appear and dissapear on screen , making story flow.
SIR chaplin was capable of including all possibility with in just one location and one character.

You like silent movies.
i liked it.

close up shots was very less , isn't it.

the only thing I think i should have added is speed it up a little?

Do you think this is a festival movie or not really?

the only thing I think i should have added is speed it up a little?

Do you think this is a festival movie or not really?

I enjoyed it.

It could be a festival movie... only if you don't tell them how you made it. Tell them you saw it in your head while you were sleepwalking. It came to you in a vision. :D

Good job salvaging the shoot. Paris looked beautiful in Black & White.

I enjoyed it.

It could be a festival movie... only if you don't tell them how you made it. Tell them you saw it in your head while you were sleepwalking. It came to you in a vision. :D

Good job salvaging the shoot. Paris looked beautiful in Black & White.

yeah I also didnt get exactly what I wanted, we were driving around Paris after midnight and the Alfred Tower (shhh!) was switched off and wouldn't be visiable in a camera :no: oh well

Back