• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Dov Simens' 2-Day Film School

Hello,

for anyone who is an indie filmmaker or newbie and wants to get a complete grasp on what it takes to make a feature film and increase your odds of success in the commercial market you may want to check this weekend course out. This is the same course that helped launch the careers of Quentin Tarantino, Guy Ritchie, and Chris Nolan.

My name is Darren Boquist, I am an actor/writer/producer, currently developing 2 features and a television series. I created BOQ Film to provide one more helpful resource for filmmakers. www.BOQFilm.com

Look forward to being a part of this community online.

Cheers!

I've attended Dov SS Simmons 2 day class, and I didn't particularly enjoy it, but a lot of the people I went with, those who had never made a movie, thought it was good. I didn't think he was an affective teacher. His style of yelling at people, then lowering his voice was very passive aggressive and comical at best. If Joe Peschi and Joe Pantaliono had a a twisted love child, that would be Dov SS Simmons.

This is the same course that helped launch the careers of Quentin Tarantino, Guy Ritchie, and Chris Nolan.

They have attended his class, but that had NOTHING to do with starting their careers. None of them have ever done quotes for his 2 Day Film School because they do not endorse it. Neither do I, and I don't 1% of their careers.

I'm sure you can come away learning something from a 2-day workshop, but this is no replacement for film school or set experience. It's like those real estate seminars. You might learn something, but you're not going to turn into Trump, or buy a house for $40 in back taxes the next day ;)

Good luck.

I'm sure you can come away learning something from a 2-day workshop,

Actually no, I didn't. Honestly, there wasn't a single thing I didn't already know. Not ONE. I was saddened because he advertises a lot for his class and I had high hopes.

I recall him doing this supposedly rhetorical question "Are you going to shoot film?" and I said "Yes." and he screamed "How can you shoot on film when you don't even know where to buy film stock!!!!" and I yelled back "I'll call my sales rep at Kodak, I have his business card in my wallet! 1-800-621-3456!!!" and he then said "Normally that's not the answer I get, so I'll pretend he didn't come prepared like most of the rest of you..."

Again, this is 100% preferential and mileage will vary for each person, but I disliked his teaching "style", and as I already said, other people really liked him and the class. I can't speak for anyone other than myself.

Back