• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

InkTip vs Script Pimp

Any opinions here - competing or complimentary?

Is anyone hooked up on both? I've got a screenplay on Inktip, and was wondering about joining script pimp.

Any other sites an aspiring screenwriter should be aware of?

I just bought and produced a script from Inktip. And I know of another friend of a friend who just completed a film from a script he bought at Inktip. In fact, their film is of the ones announced on the front page.

I don't know anything about scriptpimp, but Inktip at least yields results for at least a few writers.

I like both and see them as offering different things.

With Inktip you load your synopsis, logline, resume and script and hope that someone takes a shine to it. This is a fairly passive process (apart from obsessively checking your viewing stats four times a day :lol: )

Script Pimp offer a larger database of agents and film production companies and gives information on how they'll recieve queries and what in general they are looking for. It means you have to do the leg work yourself, but that's no bad thing, because you're not tied to just the people who type in the right keywords.

So, chances are that even though you were looking for scripts on Inktip, you didn't see my logline. I think that that is Inktip's weakness, it applies put too many filters between you and the people searching. However, I really like the service and actually can't say enough good things about it and Jerrol who runs the whole show. Very professional people.

So, my vote is both are good and I think essential tools for anyone trying to sell an spec script.

I only have experiance with InkTip, but I posted a short on there free listing just a couple of days ago, and have had inquires already regarding it. So it does work.

Kind of what I figured. I've had my script on Inktip and received a few inquiries as well. Clive, I think you nailed my irritation with inktip - it's kind of an armchair deal for a writer: sit and wait.

I'm definately going to join scriptpimp - and also keep inktip.

Thanks guys,

Adamo

inktip vs scriptpimp (scriptpipeline)

I have personal experience with both inktip and scriptpimp, or rather what they are calling themselves now which is "scriptpipeline"
I have positive stuff to say about Jerol and his group over at inktip. I've had interest and hits from small to middle production companies and the site is professionally run. There is no obligation to use any of their scriptreading or editing services, although I'm sure they are good.
Scriptpimp, on the other hand has proved a waste of money. They say you can query companies directly from their site, but unless your script is "recommended" which means unless you've had their readers look at it, you'll never get a recommend. And the companies that have accounts with them, companies which have agreed to look at unsolicitated work, won't look at anything unless it's recommended. I also used them to get addresses to send snail mail queries as well as email queries. Of the 15 snail mails I sent out, 7 came back undeliverable-bad addresses. Of all the email queries I sent out, most bounced back and the only contact I got was from someone saying "thanks but I only work with micro budgets, I"m only 1 person".

So all in all, save your money. I recommend inktip.com but stay away from scriptpimp.

BTW. If anybody has had any luck with any other script posting site, let me know which ones you like.

V.

:no:

Scriptpimp, on the other hand has proved a waste of money. They say you can query companies directly from their site, but unless your script is "recommended" which means unless you've had their readers look at it, you'll never get a recommend. And the companies that have accounts with them, companies which have agreed to look at unsolicitated work, won't look at anything unless it's recommended. I also used them to get addresses to send snail mail queries as well as email queries. Of the 15 snail mails I sent out, 7 came back undeliverable-bad addresses. Of all the email queries I sent out, most bounced back and the only contact I got was from someone saying "thanks but I only work with micro budgets, I"m only 1 person".

So all in all, save your money. I recommend inktip.com but stay away from scriptpimp.

BTW. If anybody has had any luck with any other script posting site, let me know which ones you like.

V.

:no:

Agreed on InkTip. I have two features there and haven't sold them yet, but there's been some interest. I have sold two shorts.

As for ScriptPimp, I'd also recommend staying away. Their "direct pipeline" on ScriptPimp "recommends" is a bit of a scam in my humble opinion. Essentially, they want you to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on script analysis by their "experts" and rewrites before you're even able to utilize the feature. While it's true the script you submit might be in need of work, the cover I got on one of my feature scripts was obviously a hatchet job. It had already won third place in an international script-writing competition, and gotten good reviews from independent pro script consultants. I don't have any proof, but it wouldn't surprise me if the film students doing their analysis weren't coached to automatically find fault in order to keep you coming back with big $$$ for more rewrites.

In fairness, you can use ScripPimp's fairly extensive directory of contact information for the industry and pro-actively submit query letters, etc., whereas InkTip is more passive: you've got to wait for someone to find your script and get in touch with you.

-Charles

inktip vs scriptpimp (scriptpipeline)

an update to my last post.

today I received another bunch snail-mail queries sent back to me by the post office "undeliverable".

that makes, of the 15 I sent out, 12 have been returned.

There database looks extensive, but has so far proved useless.

V.

update 2

today I got back the last of my query letters in the mail. After scouring the scriptpimp (scirptpipeline) database of producers accepting new writers, I got 15 addresses to whom I sent query letters. Of the 15 sent out, 15 have been returned undeliverable.
Therefore, in my opinion, scriptpimp is 100% worthless.

Damn. Thanks for posting guys. I've just been investigating these two websites, and I'm glad to hear I shouldn't try script pimp. I'm a free member on inktip, but I haven't paid for any services yet.

What's the opinion on buying coverage/feedback from these websites? Is there somewhere I can check the credentials of their readers? IMDBpro maybe?

That's a good question. I've heard varying stories regarding coverage and readings. There is some question as to exactly "who" is reading these script reads. College students? Are they even writers? Some writers tell stories of sending a script to 2 different readers within the same company, only to find out that one reader said the script was terrible and should be totally rewritten and the other said it was brilliant.

I believe there are some good companies out there, but I've never used them, so I'd say really check them out online before you commit to anything.

good luck

V.

Hi,
I recommend you Done deal pro message board. As for Inktip I tried,but as my script is crossover scripts I didn't have much takers . I cancelled my payment .

I also join FB . There is a lot of groups. This is just my suggestion. i find this site helpful and friendly and I am paying back
padma

Back