• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

New Open Writing Assignment at Amazon Studios: “It Came in the Mail”

New Open Writing Assignment at Amazon Studios: “It Came in the Mail”

Amazon Studios is looking for one or more writers or writing teams to rewrite It Came in the Mail, a script currently in active development at Amazon Studios. The opportunity will pay up to $33,000.

To be considered, writers are asked to submit a proposal that includes a short overview of how they’d approach the story, a character breakdown, a story treatment in narrative form, and a feature writing sample (details here). Submissions are due by Nov. 26, 2012.

Project details:

It Came In The Mail

By Michael Rabb

Genres: Comedy, Kids and Family

Logline: Twelve-year-old Joel orders an incredible monster through a comic book. It finally shows up … 20 years later.

Why we love it: This is a heartfelt comedy script with great potential.

Some advice from our creative team: As you contemplate how you’d rewrite the script, feel free to add, remove or change characters, settings, names, and scenes; rework these if it serves to better tell your version of the story. Both live-action as well as animated takes will be considered. Please be sure to keep it a family-friendly comedy, G to PG-13 and to hold on to the core premise.

You can find the current draft of It Came in the Mail here.

At Amazon Studios, we turn original stories into great entertainment. Not the right opportunity for you? Learn more about submitting your script via the Amazon Studios’ open door process.

http://hollywonk.com/post/34302756476/owa-it-came-in-the-mail

If I had any idea as to how many writers I would be competing with for this job, I would try it. But I don't want to a whole lot of work, with my submission failing

If I had any idea as to how many writers I would be competing with for this job, I would try it. But I don't want to a whole lot of work, with my submission failing

It's not like they're asking anybody to just rewrite the script and submit it blindly. All they want is a proposal, which would include such things as a treatment and a sample of previously-written work. That sounds very reasonable to me. I just might give it a go! :)

Back